Monday, December 28, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

 


The "I Am Tired After the Last Three Days" Edition....


Thursday, Friday and Saturday were a blur for me.  Christmas eve was finishing up wrapping, cooking and delivering gifts to friends, taking pizzas to Rite-Aid for all the workers there.  Christmas day was more cooking and 6 here for the day and dinner and present mayhem(well maybe not "mayhem" lolz)then all the cleaning up and then packing, more cooking to take to m son's place and taking the dogs to the kennel for 2 days before leaving for NJ for an overnight visit(where I didn't have to cook finally! yay!!).

 We got home Sunday afternoon after a quick 24 hour trip to Eldest son's new apartment for our first visit there. After we drove home Sunday with a stop at OSJL, I hit Rite-Aid(for after Xmas clearance)and Weis for a Sunday paper and a few things/deals after we got home and then it was almost time to fall into bed.  I am still tired today and moving in slow motion but getting a few chores accomplished.  I refuse to get out of my PJs and leave the house and probably won't until Wednesday when I have an errand to run.  

As for de-Christmasing the house....that's going to be much, much later if I can help it. lolz


Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Butternut Squash Ravioli
2. Monday--Meatloaf, Steamed Mixed Veggies
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings or Chicken Pot Pie using leftover Roast Chicken
4. Wednesday--leftover Beef Stew
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out
6. Friday--Baked Ham, Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Salad, Carrots, Rolls, Stollen and Cookies
7. Saturday--Pierogies and ? at Son's apartment

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Butternut Squash Ravioli
2. Monday--Meatloaf, Steamed Mixed Veggies
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings using leftover Roast Chicken
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie using Leftover Beef Stew
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out
6. Friday--Baked Ham, Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Caesar Salad, Carrots, Garlic Bread, Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
7. Saturday--Garlic Chicken, Roasted Broccoli, Mac and Cheese(I brought the Mac)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/planned overs, FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out.   
Basically everything planned happened and Sat. eldest's GF cooked for us.

As for Xmas day leftovers, not much as I made a point to send Ex-CB, his Roommate, the Brother in-law and Nephew home with lots of helpings of what was left.  We do still have too many peanut butter cookies here but Ex-CB will come on his day off this week and take those away to consume at his place(along with a few other things as well).

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 panko pork tenderloin slices
*  1 SL Peppermint cheesecake
*  1 Cherry pie
*  2 lb. bag Brussels Sprouts
*  1 2-pack of Incogmeato burger patties
*  1 pack diced Chicken Breast
*  1 Whole fryer Chicken
*  2 lbs. Ground Beef

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  a bag of Dumplings
*  1 Smoke Ham but
*  1 lb. Ground Beef
*  1 lb. Ground Turkey
*  2 packs Butternut Squash Ravioli
*  1 Peppermint Cheesecake
*  1 box CA Medley Veggies

We spent a whopping $197.49 on food last week. Yikes! There were lots of good deals and having taken the huge ham out of the chest freezer I had room to pick up some "frozen assets" at a good price.
This bring our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $474.43 for December.

Actually my OOP was $12.22 less than $197.49 last week.  On all 3 trips I made to Weis(PMITA)Markets I was overcharged on things(unattentive cashiers perhaps?)so I got that much refunded but they were giving out cash instead of credits back on cards(which I mostly use for food shopping)so instead of a lower total I got $12.22 for my refund/post coupon envelope. which get added back into the food budget so it's all good.

There are 3 shopping days left in December but I am done for the year!

I've earned $182.53 on Ibotta in December.
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $10.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in December.
I've earned 8837 points from shopping on Fetch in December.(I have a few more receipts to scan still so this may be larger for the month.)
I've earned 11,628 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in December.
I've earned 1120 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in December.

My savings percentage for last week was 56.84%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for December and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 55.41%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....1 helping of chicken and dumplings, 1/3 pan of lasagna, 1 helping of Caesar salad, 3 slices of Garlic bread, a little bit of ham, 1/3 of the meatloaf and 1/3 of the pan of mac and cheese.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Fried Chicken, leftover Mac and Cheese, Brussels Sprouts
3. Tuesday--leftovers
4. Wednesday--leftovers
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing. I planned a little but Hubs is going to fix dinner most nights as we'll eat on the leftovers or simple things like sandwiches and he's frying some chicken(which he likes to do a couple times a year)as I picked up a whole fryer yesterday for $3.22.
I don't plan to go into a grocery store again until 2021. 8-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I made a list of possibilities, but the only for sure things are some Philly style beef sandwiches thanks to leftover steak and peppers, and chicken fajitas, same peppers. I feel a need to triple veg portions for each meal. I'm sure we will get either take out or a take and bake pizza either NY or NY day, but sine I work until 5/5;30 on Thursday, that might be the better night for pizza-and a salad, a massive salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a few days off the cooking detail!
    Not exactly sure what is going to be served here, but whatever it is needs to come out of the freezer or pantry cause I am not going out among the covid infested people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your box, thank you hope you got yours. I am in the aftermath of Christmas nightmare. Too much to put away and the house is dirty... like dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a leftover week here, too. I made two pizzas last night and we have one left. Zucchini is my new favorite topping! Three servings of pot pie and quite a bit of broccoli rice casserole should cover a few more days. I should probably make something a bit healthier later in the week but Dave really wants the vegan Alfredo again.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.