Monday, December 14, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "She's Gotta One-Up Me" Edition.....

Kim's Sissie was so jealous of my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree she went out and found a Grinch Tree.

It's so stinkin' cute!  Too bad is a real tree and you can't store it away until next year.  Maybe she can keep it alive until next Christmas??

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Steak, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Kielbasi on rolls, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Pork Roast w/Carrots, Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Cheeseburgers, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Butternut Ravioli w/White Sauce, Salad
6. Friday--Take-Out
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Steak, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Kielbasi on rolls, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Pork Roast w/Carrots, Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Lunch out so Fend for Yourself for dinner
6. Friday--Chinese Take-Out
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out.   
The Butternut Ravioli didn't happen again and the Cheeseburgers as well, so they move to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 lbs. mozzarella cheese
*  1 small pork loin

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 package of Kielbasi
*  1 small Pork Roast
*  1 box of Brussels Sprouts

We spent $115.86 last week(just over $30 at Weis and Walmart each, just under $40 at Sharp Shopper, $12.38 on salmon at Aldi plus a $2.40 Wegman's shop from November that got forgotten).  That brings our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $201.48 for December so far.

There are 17 shopping days left in December.  

I've earned $74.64 on Ibotta in December. 
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $3.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in December.
I've earned 5004 points from shopping on Fetch in December.
I've earned 3165 points from food shopping on ShopKick in December.
I've earned 100 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in December(should be 600 pts. but that's a story for another day.)

My savings percentage for last week was 44.31%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for December and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 50.91%.(w/out R-A). The savings percentage wasn't stellar last week but still acceptable.

Leftovers going into this week.....1/2 a carton of Chicken Stock and some Pork Roast and Veggies. 

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Salmon, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Pizza, Salad
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Veggies TBD, maybe Noodles for Hubs
5. Thursday--Butternut Ravioli w/White Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

What needs buying for this menu?  
I might make the pizza from scratch or I might get frozen pizza at Rite-Aid as it's a deal this week(give BC and there's an Ibotta rebate plus it won't cost actual "money").  Otherwise we are set for this menu(if I stick to it). ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I like the codicil "if I stick to it". I never stick to my menu because what sounds good on Monday is just not appealing on Tuesday.
    I saw the Grinch trees at Aldi and thought they were really cute but I decided about 3 years ago other than ribbon I would not buy another Christmas decoration, so I passed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chik’n and dumplings and stir fry are already made. I have three more official work days until January 4 so I may just wing it for a while. We have the stuff for at least ten different dinner options so I’ll choose from the meal plan spreadsheet.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.