Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Food Spending 2020....the November Report

Onward to November's food spending report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for NOVEMBER 2020.

I have posted November's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2 at home this month, sometimes feeding 3). 
*****************

ALDI
OOP  $46.71
Value  $73.51
Savings 36.46%

CVS
OOP  $8.96
Qs/Ads/ECBucks $223.93
Value  $232.89
Savings  96.15%

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $5.97
Value  $31.97
Savings  81.33%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $9.13
Value  $20.27
Savings  54.96% 

PandR OUTLET
OOP  $7.54
Value  $13.25
Savings  43.09%

RITE-AID *
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/GCardS $1492.66
Value  $1492.66
Savings  100%

SCHIFF'S
OOP   $15.48
Value  $39.70
Savings  60.01%

WALMART
OOP  $53.17
Value  $91.30
Savings 41.76%

WEIS
OOP  $238.37
Qs/Ads  $225.36
Value  $463.73
Savings  48.60%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, CVS at 96.15% and Schiff's at 60.01% .  

I shopped at 9 different stores in November. 
I also earned $173.50 in cash rebates in November(Ibotta/Coupons dotcom app)which helps offset the spending once I cash all the rebates in at the end of 2020 and add them into my totals.


TOTAL Spent(without R-A)...................$385.33
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$578.59
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$963.92
TOTAL Savings of ................................60.02%

Add in the Rite-Aid purchases and we get.........

TOTAL Spent........................................$385.33
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$2071.25
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$2456.58
TOTAL Savings of ................................84.31%

This closes out the November food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....Thanksgiving was an intimate affair this year of only 4 people. I picked up a few seasonal deals and I did my usual Rite-Aid pillaging for the 3 day Black Friday sale.  Plus found some good deals at other stores throughout the month of November.  It was a good November in terms of food spending.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by an amazing 16.84% in November 2020 to 84.31% compared to the October 2020 rate of 67.47% savings average.  Rite-Aid Black Friday sales do that to my November totals every year. 8-)))

With 11 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $4,239.97 on food/toiletries in 2020.
I had wanted to stay under $4K in food spending in 2020.  Higher prices due to Covid derailed me for a bit but once I add in all my rebates/refunds/post coupon/found money pots into the grocery spending category I will most assuredly be back under $4K spent on food for the year as I have well over $1K in rebates right now to dump back into the grocery fund and I have 1 more month to do better too. ;-)

2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent.....................$4,239.97
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$14,114.06
2020 Grand Total Saved.................................$9874.09
2020 Yearly Savings Total............69.96%

The average per month amount spent is $385.45 at this point in 2020 which went down .01¢ from October's average.  As long as I'm around $400 per month with 3(now 2 but we feed EX-CB sometimes and his roommate too)people in the house, it's all good.  

LOOKING AHEAD To December 2020..........The big unknown is who will be here for Christmas due to Covid.  More folks means more food spending in general since some who may be coming have food allergies and/or preferences so in order to accommodate everyone I may need to spend a little more....if they come.  I've got turkey breasts and hams in the chest freezer so unless I splash out on a beef roast there aren't any large food purchases for Xmas that I can foresee.
Overall I don't plan to spend more than my usual $400 food budget in December and perhaps I can reign that amount in a bit as well.  Time will tell.
As far as normal meals, Hubs and I are going to use up some more frozen assets this month so maybe I won't need to buy very much at the grocery stores?  Sluggy plans and G** laughs!

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in November?  Are you happy with that amount and did you get good value for your money?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tracked like you do but definitely think I should be, especially since we want to pay the mortgage off. I do 1/3 acre of garden and buy a lot of our fruit and veggies from Amish so I do a lot of canning and little buying in that area. I will look at Coupon's app. Ibotta has never worked for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a really great saving rate. Congrats! I never tracked my food spending but this year I am feeling the need for it due to both Covid-19 and poor economy management of our stupid government here in Turkey. Some prices have truly sky rocketed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just try and keep the budget to $50.00, but I do go over if there is something that is on a really good sale. I cook from scratch and that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Sluggy Box arrived today. Thank you so much! It was wonderful! I immediately taste tested the Reese Cups -- just for quality purposes, of course. Well, twice. So many treasures, in one heavy box. Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.