Friday, December 4, 2020

Frugal Friday....The December 4th Edition

Here's a short list of frugal happenings around Chez Sluggy this past week.

*  All the Black Friday weekend shopping was reported on in a previous post so I won't go over all that again.  Let's just say during those 3 days I spent an actual $9.82 out of pocket and brought home a ton of stuff-needs, wants, stuff for gifts and stuff for giveaway boxes as well!

*  A surprise gift arrived in the mail from a blogger/blog reader this past week.........


No one ever sends me gifties(well except for dog butt magnets lol)so thank you reader(you know who you are)!

*  I have hardly left the house since Saturday.  And when you don't leave the house for most of the week you don't spend money, right?  That's frugal. ;-)

*  I found money!


The only change I found were 2 pennies at Weis(PMITA)on Friday when I ran in there for a couple one day only specials.
I can't believe during all my Rite-Aid trips last week I didn't spy a single dropped coin!

Total Found $ This Week.... .02¢
Total Found $ So Far This Year....$52.55


* Speaking of Rite-Aid(lol)I did do 2 shops online with them this past week.  Remember that Spend $50/Get $15 Bonus Cash Deal from last week?  Well they are doing it with online orders this week!
I was hoping the packages would arrive before today so I could show what I got but they haven't so that will happen on the next Frugal Friday report(I hope).  Needless to say I only spent Bonus Cash on these transactions. ;-)

*  My Amazon Chase credit card was due to the tune of  $390.86 last week.  I saw I had accrued $53.62 worth of points on that account.  So I used them to pay down the balance meaning I only had to pay $337.24 to bring my balance to zero.

*  We hit the P and R Outlet a few days before Thanksgiving(I forgot to list this in last week's wins). If you remember, this store puts out food that is short dated for free near the registers if you buy anything in their store.  

Hubs and I picked up 2 containers of Half Sour Pickles(too garlicky for me as it turns out), 2 bags of Banana Chips and a 12 pack of individual aseptic milk boxes.  All were free!

That's about it from here this past week..........


What frugaliciousness did you have happen in your life this week?
Tell us all about it!


Sluggy


11 comments:

  1. None! Nothing frugal is happening here. The chandelier is falling and supported by a ladder, waiting for the electrician. My garbage disposal crapped out as did the ignition switch for my cooktop. $$$$ floating out the window that were unplanned expenses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your $$ floated away this week. Some weeks are like that...

      Delete
  2. $9.82 for all of that is amazing, Sluggy. I like that the P and R Outlet puts out free food. That's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might as well give it away because soom they'll have to throw it away as it's short dated.

      Delete
  3. My feelings are very hurt as I have sent you a box o'crumbs. You get a double box this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d really like to visit that P and R outlet but doubt we’ll be in the area anytime soon. The last time that PA toll pike road pissed me off so bad. $23 to drive on a busted one lane road under construction.

    I’ve got nothing other than only leaving the house for a flu shot in the last two weeks. Dog butt magnets are always the perfect gift in my book. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have missed the dog butts magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found 2 cents too,earned 5.00 on Williams and 5.00 on my points.saving for a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biggest was using earned gift cards for half my daughter's Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Update-went to Kroger and ended up with my highest ever Ibotta rebate of $26.31. There were a bunch of free and cheap items (popcorn, graham crackers, pop chips $.50). Hot Pockets have a $4.97 rebate but we don’t eat them and have nowhere to give away now.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.