Monday, December 7, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas at Chez Sluggy" Edition.....


I got our "Charlie Brown" tree up.  This is the replacement one I bought 75% off at Rite-Aid after last Xmas as ours finally wore out in 2019.  The red ball broke about 5 years ago when Ex-College Boy's friends were unsupervised in the house one day. lol
 I wonder how many years this tree will last?

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Leftover Thanksgiving foods
2. Monday--Butternut Squash Ravioli, Salad
3. Tuesday--Taco Salad
4. Wednesday--Turkey Casserole, Brussels Sprouts
5. Thursday--Domino's pizza or Hubs cooks
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--more Leftovers or Turkey soup?

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Leftover Thanksgiving foods
2. Monday-- big lunch at Red Lobster, no dinner
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner(using leftover bacon from the turkey blanket on Thanksgiving, pancakes and fruit)
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sammich, Brussels Sprouts(Hubs cooked)
6. Friday--Leftover Turkey into Turkey Divan Casserole
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, 1 night of no dinner and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.   
Hubs finished the taco meat for a lunch so that wasn't available for Tuesday's dinner.  Plus the Butternut Ravioli didn't happen so it moves to this week.


What got put into the freezer last week....
*  a bag of burritos
* 1 pack of hot dogs

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1/2 huge bag of Broccoli
*  2 Pork Tenderloin slices
*  1 box of Brussels Sprouts

We spent $85.62 last week(lots of small trips to Weis, Aldi, Walmart, Malacari's produce, the Bread Outlet and Dollar General)bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $85.62 for December so far.

There are 24 shopping days left in December.  

I've earned $32.54 on Ibotta in December. 
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $0.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in November.
I've earned 100 points from shopping on Fetch in November.
I've earned 3100 points from food shopping on ShopKick in November.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in November.

My savings percentage for last week was 57.69%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for December and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 57.69%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Turkey Divan, Stuffing and 1/2 a carton of Chicken Stock.  Hubs will take care of the first two items for lunches.  I might put the chicken stock into the crock pot with the pork roast to make a sauce for the meal since I don't have soup anywhere on the menu anytime soon.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Steak, Tossed Salad
2. Monday--Kielbasi on rolls, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Pork Roast w/Carrots, Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Cheeseburgers, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Butternut Ravioli w/White Sauce, Salad
6. Friday--Take-Out
7. Saturday--Fend for Yourself

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing for a change.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I was SO sick of leftovers that I cleaned out our fridge last night. Threw away a bagfull of misc stuff that was rotting... and a ton of jars of things that I had intended to use, like whey... And the fridge still looks jam packed. sigh. BUT I was so sick of "old" food that I splurged $15(I think) for half gallon of Buono Italian Beef at Aldi. Oh yum!!!! That with a jar of leftover jalopenos is the perfect lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed on plan for my meal plan. And for this week, turkey chili, sausage and potatoes, salad, oatmeal and eggs. Keeping it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But my question is did you buy any onions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I bought some the week before last since there is no gleaning them off the side of the road out East. 8-)

      Delete
  4. My phone just switched back to Google as the only option so we’ll see if this works. I’m not giving up the old iPhone 6 until it really dies!

    Lasagna and potato leek soup will take care of most of the week. Maybe chik’n and dumplings on Friday? If not, everyone here is familiar with make a sandwich night.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not stay on my meal plan and do not care one way or another that I didn't. I aim in the process of staging a revolution against the kitchen/house/clutter/falling chandeliers/and anything else I find revolting. Pissy is my middle name right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The theme for last week was simple and we stayed on track for the most part. This week we are having enchiladas, smoked sausage potato bake, breakfast for dinner, pizza rolls and not sure what else. LOL Oh and I love your Charlie Brown tree. We actually have one that Bill used to use when he worked at the newspaper. This year I put it in our downstairs bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree! No plan, so I am following it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We went off my semi plan a few times, but people were fed. Good enough.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.