Monday, August 27, 2012

Food Spending August Week 4 & Meal Planning Week 4+




Ok, so this photo doesn't have anything to do with cooking.  Though it is a reminder to slow down in life and enjoy the ride. ;-)

*****************************
And here is the "meal plan" that actually happened last week.....

Sunday--Son's belated Birthday dinner out-Steak
Monday--Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches, Cole Slaw, Birthday Cake
Tuesday--Lime Citrus Chicken Quesadillas, beans
Wednesday--Leftovers
Thursday--Chinese take-out
Friday--burgers, green beans(from garden)
Saturday--Leftovers again
 
 
The weekly food spending was $79.30.  I stocked up on 100% juices again, butter, ravioli at rock bottom prices.  The needs were milk, cabbage(for coleslaw), 1 onion, small packet of ground beef, rolls, lunchmeat, deli cheese and 2 kinds of fruit.  The family's wants were crackers, ice cream, frozen fries, whack biscuits and Kraft mac and chemical cheese--all on sale.

I have $2.72 left of my $400 food budget for August and 5 days left in the month.  That's enough for 1 half gallon of milk.  I may be going over slightly for the month if anything comes up this week.

Going into the new week I have the following leftovers to use up.......2 portions of the lime citrus chicken, 1 portion of barbecue pork(after Sunday's dinner), half a bowl of coleslaw, 1 portion of green beans.  I am figuring on using the chicken on Friday when it's only 2 of us at home.


***********************

This week's menu.....
Sunday--Barbecue Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw
Monday--Taco Bell-after music lesson
Tuesday--Dinner Out-30th Anniversary Date night
Wednesday--Pork Chops, Saffron Rice, Broccoli
Thursday--Alfredo Primavera
Friday--Chicken Tacos(using leftover chicken)
Saturday--Leftovers 
 
 
What I need to buy this week to serve this menu?.....rolls, some fresh veggies(for the primavera).
Basically 3 of my meals are based on leftovers and 2 are Eating Out, so only 2 new meals cooked this week.  This makes it an easy week for me in the kitchen, what with getting 2 students back in school and not running the oven since it's hot and muggy again here.


So what are you cooking at your house this week?

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Oh how that picture made me laugh!! There are many old farmers and ranchers i know that would put that sign up!
    I'm stealing the bbq pork idea!
    Happy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking??? Can't we just go out every night?

    I did make spaghetti last night, using up the last of my homemade sauce. As spaghetti is a regular meal around here I will be making up more sauce. Trying to do as many simple sandwich and salad meals. With all this talk of higher meat prices, along with everything else, I find myself not wanting to use the meat in the freezer. Crazy or what? We certainly have the money to buy more, but I think I am becoming a hoarder of meat;-)

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband put some veggies in the crockpot this morning with some beef stew seasoning. I fried up some hamburger, so we're having hamburger stew for supper! The house smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy food? Eat food? Gas went up 10 cents overnight. I need milk, but may have to invest in a gallon of cheap gas.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.