Monday, August 20, 2012

Food Spending August Week 3 & Meal Planning Week 4




*****************************
And here is the "meal plan" that actually happened last week.....

Sunday--Salmon with maple glaze, Stir-fried mixed veg, mashed potatoes
Monday--BLT sandwiches with tomato from our garden...slurp!
Tuesday--tuna helper, Caesar salad
Wednesday--Leftover Rigatoni, Broccoli
Thursday--Meatloaf(leftover), Mashed Taters, Snow Peas
Friday--Taco Bell
Saturday--Leftovers

 
The weekly food spending was $9.91.  I was tempted to do the Kimberely/Clark Cat Deal at Weis(which would have stocked me up on a few things but would have meant spending alot more OOP) but in the end I resisted.  I used $12 in Cats to pay last week for the few needs we had which is why I spent so little.
I didn't stay within the $8 limit I set but it was close. None of what I spent was for items needed to make dinner.....it was all milk purchases and items for the Daughter's work lunches.

I have $82.02 left of my $400 food budget for August and 11 days left in the month.  I think we can make it to the end of the month before the end of the money. ;-)

Going into the new week I have the following leftovers to use up.......a portion of snow peas(I'll polish those off for lunch one day).


***********************

This week's menu.....
Sunday--Son's belated Birthday dinner out-Steak
Monday--Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches, Cole Slaw, Birthday Cake
Tuesday--something Chicken, Rice, Green Beans(from garden)
Wednesday--Taco or Taco Salad
Thursday--Leftovers
Friday--burgers, baked beans, cuke salad
Saturday--Leftovers again
 
 
What I need to buy this week to serve this menu?.....rolls, cukes, maybe more lettuce.


So what are you cooking at your house this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a menu! And with only 11 days left, I think you definitely can meat your monthly budget. This week I'll be experimenting with real fish for the first time (not the breaded pre-cooked ones!), that plus lots of chicken dishes and fancy salads. A lot of my budget went straight into produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh you just need to take a road trip to my house and fix my food budget. But it should go down now with Anna back in school.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.