Monday, August 13, 2012

Food Spending August Week 2 & Meal Planning Week 3


Repeating the picture above again this week.  I got to thinking and the caption is all wrong!
It should read, "If Looks could kill women wouldn't need CAST IRON SKILLETS.
Am I right? ;-)

*****************************
And here is the "meal plan" that actually happened last week.....

Sunday--Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti, Green Beans
Monday--Meatloaf, Squash Casserole 
Then things went haywire.....
Tuesday--Leftovers
Wednesday--Steak, COC
Thursday--Rigatoni with Mushrooms in Sauce
Friday--More Leftovers + mixed veggies
Saturday--Leftovers Yet Again(plus a big tossed salad)

I only made 2 of the original meals I planned.  Wed and Thurs we changed plans due to a store sale on steak, corn of cob and mushrooms(I had the sauce and pasta already.).  The 2 meatloaves and leftover pasta left us with many leftovers.
 
The weekly food spending was $188.09.  This is waaaay high for me in just 1 week.
I hadn't counted on the local Shursave market having their semi-annual MEAT SALE last week.  About $150 of that spending was pure meat.  I got a large Pork Shoulder(for smoking and barbecue), 7 lbs. of ribeye steaks and 2 large eye round tenderloins which I hacked up into smallish sirloin steaks and cubed the ends into stewing beef chunks.
Only about $40 of what I spent last week was on non-meat necessities.

I have $91.93 left of my $400 food budget for August. 
And it's just the 13th of the month.
A.C.K.

I do have $12 in Cats and a $10 gift card to help get me through the rest of August without going over my $91.93 left.   That gives me around $113 for the rest of the month.  Just keep any deals and sales away from my eyes!lol

Going into the new week I have the following leftovers to use up......meatloaf, rigatoni in sauce.

***********************

This week's menu.....
Sunday--salmon with maple glaze, Stir-fried mixed veg, mashed potatoes
Monday--BLT sandwiches with tomato from our garden...slurp!
Tuesday--tuna helper, caesar salad
Wednesday--Leftovers
Thursday--tacos or taco salad
Friday--burgers, baked beans, cucumber salad
Saturday--Leftovers
 
 
I'm going for easy peasy this week on the stovetop or outside on the grill and no running the oven.
What I need to buy this week to serve this menu?.....cucumbers.
I bought bread, carrots, rolls, lunchmeat for lunches and lots of lettuce last week so it's just cukes and milk.  I'm going to try to keep the spending under $20 this week.....I have to use the $12 in Cats this week, so actual $ spending of $8 or less.


So what's on deck for your menu this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the pic and captions...
    We bought a gi-hugic pork loin and will be cutting it up for various things soon. Stir fry, pork steaks, cutlets, roasts... you name it!
    I'm kind of sick of worrying about the many & various dietary habits we've got in the house. FEED YOURSELF ALREADY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures I have several little magnets and pill cases by this company. I am alone so what ever I want! Just ate a chicken breast and some shrimp. Check out the nasty comment I left for anonymous on my blog. Nosy, sneaky, thinks we are all stupid...*&^%$

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.