Friday, June 17, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the June 17th Edition

So here are a few frugal things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......

*  Not really frugal but a win nonetheless.....


I culled more items from the house to send off to charity.  
More stuff out of our lives that we can't/don't use. 
Here's the tote I cleared out from the kitchen pantry.  I only kept 1 item that was in there-my immersion blender.  This is the 4th tote I've emptied this year. ;-)



*  I had a free $5 in Kohl's script that was expiring so I went last Sunday and found 2 small stocking stuffers for Daughter(not showing them in case she is reading).  After my 30% discount and $5 script I paid $1.06 on my Kohl's card.

*  The only eating out this past week was on Tuesday.  I picked up Subway since the kitchen was not fully operational while Hubs is painting.  Used a gift card to pay.

*   Again, another not strictly frugal item--I went through all my paper recipes.  They were either cut out from publications or printed from online or handwritten.

Here's the stack of recipes I threw out.  It's stuff I'll either never make or recipes I did make and we didn't care for so why have all this clutter laying around for no reason?

*  I did some Ibotta deals at Rite-Aid which I already recounted....




More stuff for free.  Some to keep, some to sell and some to give away.

*  On my Monday post I said I was doing Lobster this week.  I found out Weis(PMITA)Markets was going to have Lobster on sale for $2 less per lb. than the place I usually get them.  Even though it's a splurge I'll say when I can by paying less for the product than I was planning on.

*   I found money this past week!  


When I was out on Tuesday I found a penny by the Rite-Aid waste basket.  Whoopee..... ;-)

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found This Year.....$13.04

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  

Sluggy  

2 comments:

  1. Best I got is batch cooking for my daughter, so happy to avoid her begging that we get Chipotle for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I throw out occasion recipes for the same practical reasons. It sort of makes me sad to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.