Monday, June 20, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Disappointed" Edition....

We were suppose to have company this past weekend but shit happened and Sissie couldn't come visit. 8-(((  And as a result I had little motivation to cook or do anything.  It could also be the fact that our a/c was out of order all week too and the heat index was high. bleh.

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala leftovers, Green Beans
2. Monday--Subway Subs
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Carrots, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Grilled Steak, Salad
5. Thursday--Lobster, Corn on Cob
6.  Friday--? Maybe eating out?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala leftovers, Green Beans
2. Monday--Subway Subs
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Carrots, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-out
6.  Friday--leftover Take-out
7. Saturday--Lobster, Corn on Cob

Weis had a 3 day weekend special featuring $7.99 lb. lobster so we got lobster on the weekend instead of Thursday.  I saved the steak for Father's Day since Sissie couldn't come last week so that's on this week's menu.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  4 bags of Chicken Strips

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*   2 x Salmon tv dinners
*  2 Pie Crusts(I made Hubs a Mincemeat pie-his fav-on Sat. for Father's Day)   
                                                   
I spent $50.73 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Weis and Ollie's.  Over half of that total was for 2 lobsters. ;-)
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $112.73 for June.  

There are 10 shopping days left in June.

I've earned $18.60 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $5.00 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned 11,453 points from shopping on Fetch in June.
I earned 5,702 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June. 
I've earned $5.38 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That's $23.60 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $112.73 in grocery spending so in reality it's $89.13 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 42.76% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 45.78% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....2 Corn on Cob.  Funny how when you don't cook there aren't any  leftovers. 8-)

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Steak, Salad, Baked Potato
2. Monday--Chili Dogs, leftover COC
3. Tuesday--Fend For Yourself
4. Wednesday--(leftover)Steak Sandwiches, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Beef Pie
6.  Friday--Breakfast for Dinner
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing that I can think of.  I went rooting around in the house fridge/freezer and came out with this.
I do want to pick up bread, some lunchmeat and a watermelon this week as well.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Nothing special is getting fixed here just the same things like grilled chicken to keep the heat out of the house. Corn on the cob is so good, it’s on sale here this week, so I’ll pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ww have several servings of rice casserole left and then it will be pizza or pasta with garden zucchini. I’ll probably also make pasta salad since it’s going to be in the 90s for the foreseeable future.

    I have a name option now so going to try that.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that was boring especially the Sissie part. She was supposed to come see me also, but she is a shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having a frozen cheese pizza with ground beef and onions and other things on it tonight. There is leftover meatloaf and I am going to put ingredients for taco casserole in the crockpot. Since it gets stirred and I put so little rice in it, less than the recipe, it seems like taco soup. Tommy really likes taco soup/casserole. That makes four meals, at least. And, the capon goes into the oven in a few minutes. I will put most of the capon in the freezer, and one taco meal, and already have meatloaf in the freezer. Plus, I must cook a pan of vegetables for all these meals. Plus, we have salad fixings. Wait, I mispronounced that. It is supposed to be "fixins."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is illegal to cook if guests can't come and there is no A/C. At least that is my interpretation of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that you could not get together with your sissie. As for food, I am trying to use up what is in the freezer and in the pantry before I leave for my long vacation. Had an egg and cheese wrap for brunch and there will be rice and beans tonight. The benas were frozen fresh last Fall and this is the last package.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.