Monday, June 13, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Well There You Go!" Edition....


Last time I was in Walmart I snapped this  photo.  It's the "feminine care section" and look at the display of M and M's next to the tampons!! lol
Yes, women need chocolate when they are hormonal.  At least the management at this Walmart agrees. ;-))

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Nuggets, baked Sweet Potato Fries, Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday--Tacos
6.  Friday--Take-out
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Nuggets, baked Sweet Potato Fries, Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Chicken Sandwiches, leftover Baked Beans
5. Thursday--Fend for Yourself
6.  Friday--Domino's Pizza
7. Saturday--BBQ pork sandwiches, Cole Slaw

Most everything happened though not as planned.  No tacos since we had a free pizza token from Domino's.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Veggie Dogs
*  Breaded Chicken

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*   Chicken Breasts
*   Green Beans
*  "Chicken" Nuggets      
*  Brussel Sprouts
*  BBQ Pork           
                                                   
I spent $58.14 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week(after using $10 in free gift cards)at Walmart, Aldi's AND Ollie's.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $61.99 for June.  

There are 17 shopping days left in June.

I've earned $11.25 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $4.00 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned 683 points from shopping on Fetch in June.
I earned 5,702 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June. 
I've earned $3.71 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That's $15.25 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $61.99 in grocery spending so in reality it's $46.74 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 42.46% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 48.03% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....Chicken Marsala, BBQ Pork, Cole Slaw.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala leftovers, Green Beans
2. Monday--Subway Subs
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Carrots, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Grilled Steak, Salad
5. Thursday--Lobster, Corn on Cob
6.  Friday--? Maybe eating out?
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?   Will have to buy lobster.  Cheapest these days is $9.99 lb. so it's a treat to have.  Also need to buy COC. The salmon is  one of those $2 clearance meal finds from Walmart I got a couple of months ago.  I've got a London Broil I'll marinate in Asian seasonings and grilled.  That will provide leftovers I'll either put in a salad or mix with a stir-fry Sat. or Sun.  The subs will be bought with a gift card I have.  It's a low grocery store need week for this menu so maybe a $30 shop this week for the lobster and corn.  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Right now, I have a chicken and three other packages of chicken cooked and in the refrigerator, ready to freeze most of it. I check the fresh vegetables and determine the menu from what I find. We eat it until it is gone and maybe cook several vegetables to round it out. Right now, we have no cooked vegetables, just salad greens and a tomato bit that I am calling dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im making Beefy Baked Beans for dinner tonight. Other than that I’m undecided but have plenty here to make without having to leave the house. I like that especially with the price of gas right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made a big dinner yesterday, with chicken legs, BBQ sauce, cauliflower with cheese sauce, fried potatoes, salad, strawberry shortcake. I paid for, the strawberries, $1.29 a lb! the onion for the potatoes, the ingredients for the home-made short cake, the whip cream, the ingredients for the cheese sauce but not the cheese. Lettuce for salad from garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with putting chocolate very a accessible to where It's medicinal. I have to get energized to make meals with leftovers that appeal to my two spend thrifts. Hubs drives me crazy living 5 minutes from work but getting fast food 2-3 days a week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.