Monday, June 6, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Sisyphean" Edition....





Lately I've felt like Sisyphus when it comes to repetitive every day tasks.  Hubs handles the dishes but I do all the cooking, buying, planning, shopping.  Oh what I'd give to just have to do the dishes. lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Cookout foods
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Subs?
4. Wednesday--Orange "Chicken" Stir-Fry w/Veggies and Noodles
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking?
6.  Friday--Homemade Flatbread Pizzas, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Ribs, Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad, Cuke and Tomato Salad, Rice Krispy Treats
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Subway Subs
4. Wednesday--Tossed Salad, Homemade Flatbread Pizza
5. Thursday--Meatloaf, Yellow Squash
6.  Friday--Orange "Chicken" Stir-Fry w/Veggies and Noodles
7. Saturday--Leftovers

3 meals I planned to cook did happen last week along with a 4th meal that wasn't planned.  go me.  1 night of take-out and 2 nights of leftovers.  I served "chicken" last week(chicken shaped plant based "meat")and I didn't tell Hubs otherwise.  He's a big carnivore and he didn't notice so that's a win! lol
The cookout needs were a budget buster for May but I still managed to stay under $300 for the month.  I'd have rather been at $200 but it is what it is and it's done.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Leftover Hot Dogs
*  Leftover Burger Patties

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Hot Dogs
*  Hamburgers
*  Meatloaf
* "Chicken" Nuggets
*  Pork Ribs                                                                        
I spent $3.85 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week(after using $10 in free gift cards).  
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $3.85 for June.  

There are 24 shopping days left in June.

I've earned $3.00 on Ibotta in June.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in June.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in June.
I've earned 591 points from shopping on Fetch in June.
I earned 2 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in June. 
I've earned 0 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in June.

That's $3.00 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $3.85 in grocery spending so in reality it's $.85 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 78.88% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for June comes in at 78.88% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....macaroni salad, meatloaf, squash, the stir-fry dish and baked beans.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Nuggets, baked Sweet Potato Fries, Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday--Tacos
6.  Friday--Take-out
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Mushrooms, Lettuce, Cabbage.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?   Gas hit $5 gallon here last week and I just dread going to the grocery store lately as the prices are increasing every week if not daily!  It's madness I tell you.


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. No deals here. I just shifted a bit how I shop, but my shifting is probably done for. Generic brands are 10% higher than a few months ago. I'm just resigned to life costing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky Sluggy! I have to do the dishes too - on top of everything else. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hubs will help with dishes but does not clean the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cook, hubby is supposed to do dishes. Supposed is the operative word there. Lately he has been too depressed to do them and so it falls on me.... It is what it is.
    No deals here either. Although Rebecca and I went to Aldi on Friday and I spent less than what I would at Kroger so may have to start shopping there more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washing dishes lessens depression. Tell him I said so or not.

      Delete
  5. I do all the cooking. Tommy, surprisingly, does all the dishes we wash in the sink. Plus, he helps unload the dishwasher and hands me the items to go in the dishwasher. He really gets into washing knives and those things we use instead of letting them pile up in the sink with the glass casseroles and bowls I cook or serve food in. I am always amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a vegetable rice casserole and pesto pasta. That’s it for the week and no ideas for when they’re gone.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! The inflation is crazy. Gas prices... unbelievable. We eat home every night, and I should menu plan but I just wing it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.