Thursday, June 9, 2022

This is a PSA for the Blog



**Attention all Blog Commenters or Wannabe Commenters**

Since I have opened up commenting to all there have been more unsigned comments and some nasty trolls back again. sigh

I don't want to deny commenting to those of you who are "real" folks who can't seem to leave comments unless I take off all commenting restrictions/rules on Google.

So besides moderating all comments before publishing(as always)I am going to require any anonymous/unknown comments to at least have your name on them.  Any comment without a name attached will be deleted and not published.

Sorry to have to do this but I really don't want/need the negativity that some anonymous commenters bring to the table.  Life is hard so why invite nastiness when you don't need to have it?

Ok, I am off to clean out my linen closet and try to find the replaceable filters for my robotic vacuum cleaner.  I just saw the box of them last week but I can't seem to put my hands on them now that I need them. 8-P

I'll be back on Friday with a weekly frugal post.

What is everyone else up to today?


Sluggy

12 comments:

  1. Even though one troll had a name on the comment, there is doubt in my mind. That person was just a name, still anonymous, in my opinion. The profile was just nothing. I think you would have had many comments about experiences in stores, but you did not get one other comment after that nasty, name-calling comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't imagine why anyone would find such offense and be nasty at bargain hunting. It is a thrift blog!!! I'm sorry people are crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry people are targeting your blog. Truly sucks. Why can't people just be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you have trolls. I'm liking people less and less these days.
    I have to bury my 15 year old kitty today. You know how pets have their special person, well I was his person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d like to read the troll comments. 😀

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How on earth can someone troll THIS blog? Even if I WERE spoiling for a fight, I can't think of any instance where I would have found it here. Keep on being you. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Blogger changed the comment format, it took a few comments to figure it out, but finally discovered the Name/URL option that I used in the previous format. Just a bit slow on the uptake at times! LOL I did include my name on Anonymous comments, though, while I explored.

    I read your blog regularly and marvel at all the money-saving programs/systems you use. :-) Mostly outside my realm, but I'm finally beginning to understand them! My shopping is very limited and contained, so I keep it simple with a few loyalty programs.

    Thanks for sharing with us. :-)

    ...Taja 🏜️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh. I’m sorry the trolls are at it again. I don’t know what pleasure they get from being nasty. I think Blogger has fixed whatever issue they had if you want to try again. I went back to embedded and am keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about the trolls. What pleasure do people find in being ugly and nasty to others?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where are they? I will go beat them up for you. No one picks on me Sluggy but me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How petty and childish...as if there is not enough hate and strife in the world.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.