Friday, June 3, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the June 3rd Edition

So here are the VERY few frugal-ish things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......

*  I ended May with $257.58 in food/toiletries/paper goods spending.  Take away the $128.82 in rebates($120.07 I earned on Ibotta, $6.00 earned on Checkout51 and $2.75 earned on Coupons dotcom)and I spent $128.76 when all was said and done.  The rebates halved my grocery spending for the month.  I consider that a win! 8-)

*  I reported on that mangled Rite-Aid transaction earlier in the week.

I much prefer $15 in cash to $15 in Bonus Cash anyway so I am calling this a win. 8-)

*  The only take-out this past week was on Tuesday.  We got Subway.  I used a gift card I had here to pay so no OOP on eating out this week.

*  Hosted a Memorial weekend cookout for 8.  Did it on the cheap(of course!)by shopping my pantry, shopping discount stores and preparing all the dishes instead of buying convenience foods for those.  Spent about $100 on everything but we had lots of leftover foods for meals this past week. rah.

*   I didn't find any money!  I got skunked this past week in the money finding department.  That's the first time this year.  sigh  Didn't go many places so that cut down on my chances of finding change.

Total Found in last Week...... .00¢
Total Found This Year......$12.92

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  


Sluggy  

3 comments:

  1. Since your troll accused people of "shady little actions and omissions" it is hard to speak here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be able to pick lettuce from the garden this week. Waited for the summer rates to begin on June 1 to fill the pool. Haven’t left the house in a week so that’s pretty much it.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.