Sunday, October 3, 2021

3 Frugal Fridays Reports on Sunday.......the October 3rd Edition

I've been away since Frugal Friday September 10th this is a multiple week edition so here we go!.....

*  Drove my car on the trip down to VA and MD.  It gets great gas mileage(maybe not so much on the trip home as my car was PACKED with stuff!).  I also waited to get to VA to refuel on the way down as gas prices are lower there and I made sure my gas tank was full before I left VA and again, I topped off in MD right before crossing into PA-the land of high gas taxes-which saved a few dimes or so.

*  I finished off numerous Ibotta Bonuses over the course of the 2+ weeks I was gone.  I stopped in Delaware on the way down at a Walmart(no sales tax in DE), found a freebie or 2 in VA stores, and a few finds in MD stores too.

* The aforementioned food bank donation in Hubs car from the Sept. 10th FF post got taken up to the Church by Hubs while I was in VA for the win! 8-)  And I've already started another donation box.

*  I traveled to VA via the Eastern Shore as it's the most direct route.  Leaving on a Thursday rather than Friday meant saving monies at the Tolls in Delaware because they jack them up to $3 each on weekends(Fri.-Sun.). There was the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tolls that route though but at least that hadn't gone up on price since my last trip.

*  I had some quality time with my brother, sister in-law and Sissie and her hubs on this trip for another win!!

*  I used an Applebee's gift card to pay for a lunch out with my Sister in-law.

*  I saw a childhood friend(who had come to my mom's funeral in 2000 but I otherwise hadn't seen since we moved away from my childhood home in 1974).  She took me out for lunch and it was nice to reconnect with her.

*  I bought red and white wines at Aldi in VA.  The Aldis in PA aren't allowed to sell wine/beer.  I'd rather pay $2.95 + tax for a bottle rather than the $10 the cheapest wine I would cook with for sale in PA.  Between how much I already had and the 4 bottles I bought I am good on wine for stews, soups, sauces until next year.

*  The a/c at home was not used while I was gone(though we needed it further South in both VA and MD(but those weren't my electric bills). lol

*  I picked up some Xmas presents(more like stocking stuffers)for cheap or free(Rite-Aid).  I also used a Q and Sissie took me to CVS to use it, netting me a free lip balm.  I guess that "purchase" put me over a Beauty Buck reward amount because now I have a $3 ECB to use. argh!  Here we go on the CVS merry-go-round again. lolol

*  I found money!

A penny at a Rite-Aid in Delaware.


A quarter at a Mickey D's drive-thru I stopped at to get an Iced Tea somewhere on the Eastern Shore.


2 quarters at Aldi in Va.  One in a loose cart and the other on the ground.


Another quarter lying on the floor in Kroger in VA.


.15¢ in the check-out line at Chick fil-A.  Sis in-law wanted to get drinks there so I gave her cash for that and then got out of the car and stood in front of it and scooped this up before motioning her ahead.  Kim and I are going to die by being run over in a drive-thru line I fear. ;-)


2 pennies in one of the many Rite-Aids I went in while in VA.


.27¢ at the Mickey D's by Sissie's house in MD.  I pulled the "jump out of the car" maneuver again. lol


Another quarter at Aldi in MD.


A bunch of change Sissie gave me(since she didn't put any on my bed before I arrived)at the bar.  She doesn't like change in her wallet and was cleaning it out.  I was in the right place at the right time. lol


A quarter in the soda machine outside of Walmart while I was waiting for Sissie to pick me up after she went to Kohl's and Aldi.

A dime I scooped up from the Mickey D's drive-thru when I stopped for an iced tea after leaving Sissie's house for the ride home.  There was also another dime and a nickel but I couldn't reach them while hanging out of the driver's seat of the car. Stupid short arms! 8-(

Money Found These Weeks....$2.78
Money Found This Year.....$17.91


What frugal wins did you have the last couple of weeks?
Let us know all about them!

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Years ago, I got out of the car and scooped up 60 cents as I bought a $1 coke and McD. Now, it is so hard to get out and Tommy parked on the money one time I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time with family and friends. Welcome home! Sounds like you got some good deals too. I like the eastern shore, lots of great seafood.
    How strange you can't buy wine in PA Aldi. Can you buy it at other grocery stores there? Those tolls are crazy. I couldn't believe how much it cost on the PA turnpike.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coins.
    Do not mention the "C" word until after October oh the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big bag of coins for you and Kim if you ever come to Alabama!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.