Monday, October 11, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Talk Like A Pirate" Edition...



Leaving Rite-Aid last week, waiting at the light to turn I was behind a car with this license plate.  
A modern day pirate?  Argh No.  Notice the frame around the plate...merely a Steelers football fan.  Should have been a Pirates baseball fan, right?
Still it was funny.

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Manicotti from the freezer, Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Tempura Scallops, Fish, Brussels Sprouts, maybe Potato Wedges
3. Tuesday--Broccoli and Cheese Soup, Cornbread
4. Wednesday--BLTs
5. Thursday--Leftovers + Cuke and Tomato Salad
6.  Friday--Beef Pie
7. Saturday--FFY

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Manicotti from the freezer, Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Tempura Scallops, Fish, Brussels Sprouts, French Fries
3. Tuesday--Broccoli and Cheese Soup, Biscuits
4. Wednesday--BLTs
5. Thursday--Leftovers 
6.  Friday--Smoke Sausage on roll, Cuke and Tomato Salad
7. Saturday--Beef Pie

I pretty much stuck to the planned menu(shocking, no?).  A few deviations(sausage sandwiches)but basically the plan stuck.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Just 2 bags of tomato puree from the garden

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 bag Brussels Sprouts
*  4 Fish filets
*  1 lb. Scallops
*  1/2 bag French Fries
*  1 bag Broccoli
*  2 Smoked Sausage Links
*  1 lb. Ground Beef

I spent $52.46 on food/toiletries/HBA last week.  $50.88 on the 1st at Weis(PMITA)Markets and $1.58 I forgot to include in September when I bought 2 cans of chili at Lidl to bring home for Hubs  This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total so far to $52.46 for October.

There are 20 shopping days left in October.

I've earned $53.75 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $1.00 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in October.
I've earned $0 from Aisle.
I've earned 845 points from shopping on Fetch in October which equals $.84.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October which equals $0.
I've earned  50 SB from food shopping on Swagbucks in October which equals $.50.

That's $54.75 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $52.46 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$2.29 spent after the 4 rebate apps I count until I cash out on the other three apps. 8-)))

My savings percentage for the last week was 28.29%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for October and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 28.29% so far.(w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week....Broccoli 
Cheese Soup, a couple of Manicotti, 2 Biscuits, 2 Smoked Sausage pieces, half a Beef Pie.  Most of this will be lunch fodder for Hubs.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Breakfast for Dinner
2. Monday--Homemade Pizza, Salad
3. Tuesday--BLTs
4. Wednesday--Apricot glazed Pork Chops, Acorn Squash
5. Thursday--Meatloaf, Mashed Taters, Veggie TBD
6.  Friday--Korean Beef/Veggie Stir-Fry w/Noodles
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY

I've got some flat breads to use up(pizza)and we'll use the last of the garden tomatoes in Salad and BLTs this week.(I never thought I'd ever get tired of BLTs but we've had sooo many tomatoes this year I'm about at that point. lol)

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Maybe a loaf of bread, we are low on that.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



  

4 comments:

  1. Manicotti! there's something I have not made in a long while and might take that idea. I'm so tired of coming up with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother in law sent home a ton of leftovers yesterday and I brought home pizza and breadsticks from work today. I also made a huge pot of chik’n and noodles on Saturday. That should cover most of the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were not many food deals at all this week. But, Wednesday, new ads come out. I have a massive hen to bake if it ever thaws. Tommy will pick all the meat off the bones for various other dishes. Chicken and dumpling is what I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good and different from our menu, which I love. I’m going to borrow a few of your meal ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.