Monday, April 6, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Birthday" Edition................
Yesterday was Hubs' birthday.  He is now early SS age. woohoo!  He picked out a maple brown sugar cinnamon cake with maple frosting.


I made him wear this necklace to blow out his candles. LOLZ

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Beans
2. Monday--Roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Asparagus, Cranberry Sauce
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Veg TBD
4. Wednesday--Turkey or Chicken Enchiladas, Beans and/or Rice
5. Thursday--Pork Teriyaki and Veggie Stir-Fry, Rice
6. Friday--Ham, Corn Casserole
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Leftover Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Beans
2. Monday--Roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Asparagus, Cranberry Sauce
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Leftover Turkey made into Enchiladas, Spanish Rice(I didn't eat)
6. Friday--Domino's Pizza
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out.  No meals out obviously but some take-out happened.
I didn't make the ham or pork teriyaki since we had enough leftovers and I didn't need to cook more food.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 2 halves of Turkey breast
* 1 hunk of Beef roast
* 1 bag of Green Beans

1 trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets by Hubs this past week brought spending to $22.6 brings my April Total spending on food so far to $22.66.

I've earned $6.10 in Ibotta rebates in April so far(mostly at Rite-Aid on allergy meds).

My savings percentage last week was 0%(without Rite-Aid trips)and April's monthly savings total comes in at 0% so far(w/out R-A).   Needless to say Hubs made the one trip to Weis, he didn't use coupons or look for sale items and paid full retail for everything he bought. *shudder!*


I have 24 more food shopping/spending days in April.

Leftovers going into this week.....a few Asparagus stalks, Beef Stroganoff, Rice, 3 large Turkey Enchiladas, 1 helping of Spanish Rice.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Baked Ham, Deviled Eggs, Corn Casserole, Green Beans
2. Monday--Leftover Beef Stroganoff, Rice and Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Risotto with Asparagus and Mushrooms, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fajitas
5. Thursday--Burgers, side dishes TBD
6. Friday--Tuna Noodle Casserole
7. Saturday--Pork Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/Veggies

What needs buying for this menu? 
Maybe some milk and fresh fruit(as we only have a couple apples left).
The Risotto will use up the leftover asparagus, the Fajitas the mushrooms, and I have fresh Snow Peas to put into the Teriyaki dish(so we may have that earlier in the week but it will definitely get made this week).
Unless Hubs and Ex-College Boy hit the ham to make sandwiches this week we'll have enough leftover for another full dinner using it.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

12 comments:

  1. I made too much pizza and too much stuffed peppers so we had leftovers 2 x last week (plus some for lunches). I have to watch that as we don't love leftovers and right now something new for supper is the highlight of our day. As a kid who had some food insecurity (think single Mom with 2 little kids and no job and a deadbeat dad) I stocked up more than I should have but no hoarding. My freezer can't fit anything new so I will not be buying anything but non-frozen items for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to your blog yesterday and it said it had gone private, I admit to panicking, but it's back today thankfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hub medal. Domino's sugar is bogo for four lbs at $4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slugs still can't get into my blog please let people know I am okay will keep trying might have to start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! I am glad you are back!! I was worried. The birthday necklace was hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to Hubs! love the necklace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious, SLuggy. Glad to see you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lost a day last week with meals. I had a list of possible items, but I can't for the life of me remember what we at last Tuesday-wait-I just did! I'm off to update my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake sounds delicious and unusual! Would you be willing to share the recipe?
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not been able to go to your blog my usual way-thru saved favorites. I got on now thru another site that listed you as one of their favorites! What in the world is going on? I don't want to lose you! Penny S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to your hubby. Love the necklace...lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kroger didn’t have any leeks for my pick up order so made plain potato soup. Is there a leek shortage now? I have dinners planned for the next few weeks but not sure in what order. I’m usually finished with work by 3 so I may start deciding the night before.

    I moved my “office” upstairs and the cats love it! Zima joined a Zoom meeting today. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.