Friday, April 10, 2020

Frugal Friday......the April 10th Edition


Well, staying at home seems quite frugal, does it not?
Don't go anywhere so you can't spend money and don't need to buy gas for the car because it's now just a lawn ornament.
Frugal but oh so boring......



Here's a photo of Chester to cheer y'all up.  I trimmed his fur and gave him a bath after this photo.  No grooming bills is frugal, right?

* There are no Friday Freebies for the duration nor Fantastic Friday deals.  I see that Weis(PMITA)Markets does now have a weekly ad again. hurrah!

* I found no money this week.  *whomp whomp*  You have no idea how sad this makes me.
Found Money This Week...... .0¢
Found Money This Year so far....$44.65

* Hubs and I drove to Applebee's on Wednesday and got meals to-go.  We sat in the car and they brought them out to us.  I used $25.63 in gift card credit so only paid OOP $12.73 for 3 meals.
There was a note in the bag from Applebee's(no picture because Hubs threw it away before I tried to snap a pic)about how they appreciate our supporting them during this time, as they are a local franchise so this lockdown in hurting what is essentially a small business.

* We were out on Wednesday because Ocean State Job Lot was giving away tablecloths and napkins so folks can make masks for themselves or others.  I went in and picked up some napkins/a tablecloth for the mask making I'm doing here.  I also needed plastic coated wire(for the bridge of the noses on some of what I am making)and 1/8" cording so I bought that there. We also were out of pig ears for Dixie so I picked those up too there.  That's about the only thing that keeps her busy....she blows through any other type of chewy treat fast!

* While we were nearby I went into Malacari's for some produce, bread and lunch meat.

* I bought 2 containers of Allegra at Rite-Aid last Saturday.  I had to go in for Rxs anyway and Allegra was on sale plus I had Qs and $20 in BC to spend.
That $20 prepaid Visa I earned in February that never came?  I called last Friday and it was an outside vendors offer at Rite-Aid and there is no way of getting my long lost Visa card so they gave me Bonus Cash.  I much would have preferred that prepaid Visa car I earned but pandemic yadda, yadda, whatcha gonna do?
So I needed to spend that BC and allergy meds were the best thing I could think of and there was Zero OOP after adding in some Rite-Aid gift card cred too.
And I'm $24.75 short of earning $15 on SavingStar now for buying Allegra.

* There's a thing I can mention.....I earned $6.10 on Ibotta this past week for buying that Allegra(2 x $3 Allegra, .10¢ on any item). lolz



* Since my allergies(pollen, hay fever, ragweed)are kicking into high gear I tried to order off of Walmart online some generic Claritin.  The only containers they have were small amounts(with larger prices)but they had a third party seller on there selling an Irish made brand of generic Claritin for much less.  I ordered 2 x 300 tablet bottles and added 2 packs of Great Value sensitive type band-aids and got free shipping for it all even though it shipped separately.


* I sat down after going through what I've got in the freezer and came up with a list of meals I can make without having to buy anything else(well maybe a veg or two).  I came up with 24 meals.  That should empty out the chest freezer(except for a smoked ham and a turkey breast).





* We got Domino's again last Friday using already paid for gift cards.

That's about it from Chez Sluggy.


And



Anybody have any frugal wins this past week?

Sluggy


9 comments:

  1. No frugal wins other than not paying as much in taxes, and learned daughter will get a 40% room and board credit, so that will off set first semester costs next fall. I feel bad though as I know the college is still trying to keep people paid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good and frugal week, 24 meals is great. I have ten worth of spaghetti, but am not willing to eat that many spaghetti dinners in one month. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, I have enough Zyrtec to last a year. It comes in bottle of 450, I think, maybe 400. I like Chester's fur collar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not go for a walk and get healthy and lose weight. Great time INSTEAD of sitting around being a slug and eating junk LOLZZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing frugal to report since I have spent a whopping 30 dollars this week dollars this week to mail Pip's Easter box and go get a meal from Captain D's to split. Talk about boring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chester's so sweet. We had trimming scissors for Buddy but need more so ordered actually buzzing trimmers...using swagbucks = free that should get here sometime this week. He is already super hairy as hasn't been groomed since mid January and was supposed to be groomed mid March then that got cancelled along with our trip then I rescheduled and she closed up shop. Oh well, he still loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are not usually frugal but we are doing a better job these days eating leftovers and doing the 'food push' so as not to waste and cut down on grocery store outings. However I would dearly love some take out - on the rationale it helps the community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not much going on here. Finally went in to Kroger today since so much was missing from my pick up order last week. They had everything that was missing - tortillas, leeks, black beans, diet cherry 7 Up. And I cleaned them out of my favorite boxed wine!

    Other than that sitting at home being a lazy slug and I have no regrets! Comment above reminds me of one of my sister’s favorite words, whattabitch. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.