Friday, April 3, 2020

Frugal Friday.....the April 3rd Edition

This week's Frugal Friday, albeit an abbreviated one from here at Chez Sluggy.......

*  No Freebies or still even sales ads from Weis this week.  I sent Hubs to Weis yesterday for 6 items. rah
I do have to send him back this coming week for my free or reduced price Easter item(ham, turkey, etc.)using my accumulated points. Oh, that should be fun explaining to him how that will work. lolz

*  I found money(and this will be the last change for awhile)...........


Last Saturday I found this dime on the mat in front of the register at Rite-Aid.

Found Money This Week...... .10¢
Found Money This Year so far....$44.65

*  On Tuesday Hubs and I rode down to Taco Bell for free taco Tuesday at their pick-up window....



We also got something else too because 1 taco each wasn't going to cut it. lol

*  I forgot to mention that the last time I was in Weis this printed out at the register.......


I had bought Ben and Jerry's the previous trip, not that trip.  Looks like the Catalinas at Weis are lagging or something.
I used this Cat at Rite-Aid last Saturday on some coffee I bought to spend down my BC on one of my cards.

*  My online clothing order arrived, everything was correct and fit.
Still no $20 R-A debit prepaid card they owe me from February....sigh.....I guess I have to call them.


*  I earned a whole .10¢ on Ibotta this past week.

*  Gas is down to $1.99 here at two stations.  Not that it matters, as we don't need gas now because we can't go anywhere. lolz

* Since I'm stuck at home(well I am usually home anyway!)I'm working on some sewing projects and some decluttering projects.   We are contemplating getting paint to finish painting the downstairs too.  I have to keep Hubs busy and out of my hair, don't I?

*  When I had Hubs get the WAM for April yesterday I had him get $200 extra for take-out.  The only Chinese place still open here only takes cash or checks, no credit/debit cards.  I see a lot of Chinese take-out in the coming month so I'll keep an envie of cash for that.


Not much from here this week.
What frugal wins did y'all have?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I had to run to our small grocery store (not the one I got the big order from) to fill in the gaps and get her some meat as that was missing from our big grocery order. I did manage to buy super cheap chicken legs which we eat regularly so that was a bonus. Everything else there is more expensive but it is what it is. I did find some elusive baking powder and baking soda which I was low on both so that was a bonus even if paying more for. And semolina flour to make pasta with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home mostly too but now that I have to be I hate it! Sleeping in is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just submitted for a refund for my parking pass that was valid until June 30. My husband also learned he’s most likely working at home until July. We never expected this so we’ll be creating two designated office spaces this weekend.

    It’s 70 degrees so I’ve dried two loads of laundry outside during work breaks. Haven’t been anywhere other than my backyard all week so that’s apparently my new life for the next few months.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.