Friday, April 17, 2020

Frugal Friday......the April 17th Edition

Still no Friday freebies at Weis or Fantastic Friday Deals there but let's still see what frugal wins we can pull out of our asses hats from this past week.

* On Sunday I was making lasagna for Easter but was low on mozzarella cheese.  Going through my meat/cheese drawer in the fridge I found these.......

String cheese sticks I had gotten in Feb. 50% off on clearance AND an Ibotta cash rebate on.  Since they were mozzarella I cut them into small coins and mixed with my reg. shredded cheese to put into the lasagna.  Win/win!

*  I had Hubs pick up my Easter freebie last Friday with my Weis points.  I had him get one of these boneless dinner hams.

I had used the one from the freezer for his birthday dinner(instead of Easter)and Ex-College Boy really liked it so we got another to put into the freezer for future dinners.

*  I found money!


I had to drive Hubs to his eye shot appointment on Wednesday but they wouldn't let any one in besides the patients so it was either sit in the car for up to an hour or go to Maines restaurant supply nearby.  I found this penny walking up to the door to Maines.

* And speaking of Maines.......I got a few good deals in there though most were in restaurant quantities.


10 lbs. of flour wasn't a "great" buy but still less for Gold Medal at Weis(PMITA)Markets.
If you can't find baking supplies try your local restaurant supply store if they let the public in.  With many restaurants closed or doing less business since they are restricted to take-out/carry out meals the restaurant supply stores should be stocked with anything you need.


I also got these cans of pineapple juice there for .99¢ each with use by dates to the end of 2022.  Theses run $2.50 or more at the grocery stores around here.  I now make my own Sweet and Sour Sauce and this is an ingredient.  And if not for that, for Summer cocktails(Pina Coladas anyone?).

While we were out on this side of town I hit up P and R Discount Outlet while Hubs went to Lowe's and found Ex-College Boy's favorite coffee for cheap.  They also had a new flavor called "Florida" which is a caramel flan so I picked one of those up.


Then the other day I realized we were on our last bottle of yellow mustard when I made deviled eggs so I picked up  another bottle for cheap there as well.


*  By the time we were done with Hubs' eye doc and the my food errands it was lunch time so we used a discount code Hubs got on his account and got lunch here...


Primo Hoagies are a Philly based business but we have a couple of franchises here so we did our part to help a small business by getting lunch to take home.

*  I had Hubs call our car insurance provider since I heard many were giving discounts/reductions/credits on future bills due to the pandemic and folks just aren't driving or driving as much.
State Farm is giving a 25% discount from mid-March to the end of May on your car insurance bill.
Of course we received our renewal bill that day so we won't actually see a discount until the bill that comes in November. lolz


But that $109.45 discount will be welcomed when it does arrive.

*  We decided to put Chester and Dixie on the dog food Chester and Cinnamon use to eat when the grand dog lived here.  The best deal on this variety is the 41 lb. bag.  For some reason the Chewy site kept crashing so I bought it on Amazon.  I also put it on Subscribe and Save so saved 5% this order.


I also ordered 4 types of dog treats too(the ones in the blue bag are Chester's absolute favorite and I can't find large bags of them here anymore).  All these qualify for the Subscribe and Save program on Amazon so we'll get various % off every order.


The best part is I used credit card points to pay for it all so nothing OOP. yay

And that's about all I have that's frugal this week.


Be safe, stay home if you can and tell us about your frugal wins lately.

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. You can have any coins I might see-no way I'm picking it off the ground right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost nothing frugal except spending on necessities only...did use Swagbucks Amazon GCs for an electric dog trimmer for free. Also found a beautiful clay pot on a free pile while out for a walk and swapped some books in a little free library in my neighborhood, of course, everything was thoroughly disinfected :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t worn makeup in over a month. Some people keep dressing up for Zoom meetings but I just throw on a sweatshirt with the pajamas I slept in. Laundry is also obviously way down. 😁

    Zima the cat was fitted with her blood sugar monitor yesterday. She’s not too happy with it but it’s better than pricking her multiple times a day. That was my only outing all week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy and I both have Traveler's. I called about mine and the woman told me everyone was getting an automatic 15% discount for April and May. So, Tommy did not call about his since it was automatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe your math on the insurance discount may be off. Or State Farm is a lot more generous than Allstate. It's more likely 25% off monthly premiums for mid-March to end of May, not 25% of total premium for the 6 month period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you and want to see you so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.