Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Some Ibotta Hauls & Winning At The Grocery Store Games


Going to the Grocery Store is not for the faint of heart anymore.  You have to keep a keen eye out so you don't get overcharged.

I may be a mild-mannered Senior Citizen but in my mind's eye I am something like the photo above. lol

These Ibotta rebate trips were done recently, in the past week.  Last Friday I got these items.....

$31.69 OOP.

I earned $22.25 from Ibotta(including the Weekend Bonus and .50¢ Bonus for Silk)and earned $2.75 in Kroger Cash Back so $6.69 spent.
The Gatorade tablets were on clearance for $3.06 each and had $2 rebates on Ibotta. $1.06 is a great price so this item and much cheaper than buying the bottles of Gatorade. The Almond milk was .59¢ after Ibotta, the Silk Bonus and KCB.  The 2 Good Yogurt Drinks were .89¢ each after Ibotta and KCB.  The Claritin was another clearance find-a $30.99 reg. priced box for $13.02.  I had a $4/1 Claritin digital coupon and got another $4 Ibotta rebate so that cost me $5.02. 8-)))

I also picked up these........

2 x Blue Buffalo Nudges dog treats at $12.99.  They were BOGO and there is a free up to $15 rebate offer from the manufacturer so FREE dog treats for the puppies when the rebate comes in.
Here's the rebate link....https://www.bluebags4wags.com/

Then on Sunday I picked up this stuff to finish my Weekend Bonus.....



This all cost me $43.56(plus 2 x Reese's Ice Cream Cone packs not pictured).  I got back $21.50 from Ibotta(16.50+ $5 Weekend Bonus), full manufacture's price of $3.28 for the drink mix from Social Nature, $2.80 worth of points on Fetch for the Fast Twitch Drink and the ice cream(unfortunately the Points for the Arm and Hammer laundry detergent disappeared from my account before I bought that but I still got $5 on Ibotta for it)and 1,265 Shop Kicks(for the Kotex and Kinder chocolate bar)worth $5.06 and $6 from Alexa(L'Oreal, Kotex and Fast Twitch).  The L'Oreal face moisturizer was a $1.58 moneymaker after Ibotta and Shopmium.  All totaled I spent $43.56 OOP and got back $38.64.  Most of that $4.92 spent in the end was on the laundry detergent($1 on the Made Good/$3.92 on the A&H product).  Not a bad outcome.
The pads and the Made Good granola snacks will be part of my next food bank donation.

Working on the MidWeek Bonus and got this at Kroger on Tuesday.........


$42.92 OOP  $19.50 earned from Ibotta, $2.55 earned on Fetch, $2 from Tada=$24.05 back making all this $18.87. *(My $2 off 1 Extra cereal digital coupon didn't attach so I chatted this morning with CS at Kroger and they credited my account $2 for that.)  

The best 'deal' here is the Alba brand sunscreen I found in the clearance aisle-marked down to $2.87 a tube and I had a $5 off 2 rebate, making them .74¢ combined.  Sweet!  Down here the sun is not your friend in the Summer or "Hell's Front Porch" as I refer to that season here.

I was 1 item away from earning a $5 Ibotta Bonus so since Hubs had to go to Walmart this morning and my L'Oreal face moisturizer rebate reset I had him pick this up........


$6.42 with a $5 Ibotta rebate and a $5 Midweek Bonus.  I thought I had another $3 digital coupon offer as well on one of my rebate apps but even without it, it's a deal.

There was also a glitch deal on the Kroger toilet paper this past week.  It was marked BOGO on the shelf and I had a digital store coupon making them $3.99 each after taking off $3.50 on up to 5 items.
Of course they just rang up $3.99 so I took a picture of the shelf tag and went to customer service for a price adjustment as two of my four packs should have been free.  The nonplussed woman tried to tell me the shelf tag was out of date but I enlarged the photo and showed her it was current, expiring that day.


Customer Service lady refunded $7.98 to my credit card making 4 packs of tp $7.98 total or $1.99+ each.  Nice.
Sometimes it takes work and alertness to win at the grocery store wars.  And trust me, you have to go in there in warrior mode. ;-)

Sluggy



 


3 comments:

  1. Here in Connecticut they would honor that sign even if it had expired (and then they'd run and rip it down before someone else tries to get the sale price)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - catching up on your posts in reverse order so didn't know that you had covered the sale/expired sign discrepancy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.