Friday, March 22, 2024

Frugal Friday....the March 22nd Edition

There are very few Frugal wins this past week but here goes....

*  I successfully used up odds and ends and incorporated them into new meals and no food got thrown out. 8-)  I cooked up the rest of an open pack of bacon-half went into the Liver meal(come on Anne!  You know you'd love my liver dinner)and the other half went into BLTs for Thursday night's dinner.

*  I got 2 MRIs done on Tuesday of my neck and base of my skull for the Neurologist(paid nothing).  I have 2 more MRIs scheduled later today for my shoulders for the Orthopedist(again, nothing will be owed for those).

*  There was no spending on eating out this week.

*  I had a dental cleaning on Wednesday.  Since I have no dental insurance at this point it cost me $$$ OOP.  But better to spend that now than not go to the dentist until I have a problem, so this is frugal, right?  They found nothing of concern so I am good to go until the end of October.  Maybe I should show up for that Halloween appointment wearing fake vampire teeth? lolz

*  I did a little Ibotta rebating on Thursday......


This all cost me $67.03 OOP.  Rebates I earned from Ibotta($24.50), Social Nature($14.47), Shopmium($13.00),  Zoup! manufacturer's rebate($4.98) brought it down to $10.08.  Add in $1.75 from Fetch and $1.82 from Shop Kick, $9 back on Alexa/Amazon plus using a $4.97 on a Walmart gift card and this all ends up as a $7.46 moneymaker.
If I buy one more item with an Ibotta rebate before Sunday night, I'll earn an additional $5 for hitting the Weekend Bonus(plus whatever the rebate for that one item is). 8-)
Some of this will go into the Donation Box, some to family and some we will keep.  Nothing will be wasted.
The only other food purchases was a pack of Romaine lettuce and 2 cans of Water Chestnuts which came to $5.60.


*  I found money!



I hit the jackpot of self-checkout machines at Walmart on Thursday(the only day I went out to a store).  Someone had left ALL their change in the coin return.  I guess they had gotten back their tax return refund and felt flush enough with dolla bills y'all so they didn't want no stinkin' change back.  Sweet!  I'll gladly take it!!  Bonus, I didn't have to pick this all up off the floor...

Total Found in last Week.... .53¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$2.56

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy    

6 comments:

  1. Even reading about someone eating liver makes me gag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found lots of bogo deals and one b2g1 deal. I posted it all on blog. There were many deals that I did not want or buy. It looks like Easter is bringing out good deals. I am looking for Miracle Whip bogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the frugal wins! Mine were mostly travel related. Trying to enjoy "funemployment" at minimal cost, plus also using up travel credits, perks, miles, points, etc to get some low cost travel in. Just in time to pay for college. Which will be decidedly unfrugal ;) (Hawaii Planner - comments don't work when I'm logged in)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing exciting other than the continuing strawberry sales. They’ve been $1.49 per pound at different stores for over a month now. So I’ve been eating about a pound per day.

    I started the remote job today and it seems like it’s going to be really easy. Zima wasn’t happy about it though and yowled at me even though she was in the next room. And could have joined me at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week, Sluggy. BLT's sound so good. I made a grilled cheese with Bacon yesterday, but it wasn't as good as a blt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Anne on the liver in onions, but you eat what you like! I'll gladly have a BLT any day if the week though.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.