Monday, March 4, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....March 4th Edition

The "Food Fight!!!" Edition.......

I love how my Walmart has the Gordon Ramsey and the Guy Fieri frozen meals right next to each other.  $5.94 for a dinner for one?  I don't think I'll be having Chef Ramsey gracing my table nor will I be going to "Flavortown" with Mr. Fieri at those prices.  Geez. ;-)


This is day 267 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Not actively trying to lose right now, just maintaining.  I plan on kicking the weight loss up again later this week. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2. Monday--leftover Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--TV dinners(ablation procedure)
5. Thursday--Fish, Asparagus, Baked Potato
6.  Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sammich, Salad
7. Saturday--Liver and Onions, Spinach Soufflè, Mashed Potatoes

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2. Monday--leftover Beef Pie, no dinner for me
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--TV dinners(ablation procedure)
5. Thursday--leftovers(Beef Pie or Spaghetti Meatballs)
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Steak, Asparagus, Baked Potato
Again the Liver and Pork Sandwich meals didn't happen. sigh.  I usually do my shopping on Friday so usually find something on sale at Kroger, Walmart and now Aldi then and end up having something I pick up there instead.  And days when I am indisposed Hubs will make something instead and it has to be an easy meal(a ready to cook thing out of the freezer)so those days can't be depended on to follow a meal plan.  Life is like that sometimes.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 Hamburger Patties
*  10 Meatballs
*  2 TV Dinners

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 lb. Ground Beef
*  2 packages of Salmon
*  2 packages of Smoked Sausage
*  3 packages of Pork Loin

Last week we spent $191.35 on grocery shopping fo beginning of March.

Total shopping comes to $191.35 for March.   
There are 27 shopping days left in March. 

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $61.40 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $5.00 on Shopmium in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Alexa app in March.
I've earned $15.00 on Kroger Cash Back in March.
I've earned $2.04 on TaDa in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $0.00 on Aisle.
I've earned 110 points on Fetch from food shopping in March.
I've earned 496 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.

That is $68.44 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $191.35 of grocery spending so in reality it's $122.91 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count(the ones that give me cash back, not the ones that I turn the points into gift cards, or Alexa that gives me Amazon credit, and I count when those points are cashed in).

My savings percentage for the last week was 35.80% and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 35.80% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week....I helping of each Pasta(no sauce), Chicken Casserole and Asparagus.  I also have most of a 10 lb. bag of potatoes to use up.  Any ideas to use those up or freeze those?

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Caesar Salad, Veal Parm
2. Monday--Kielbasi, Onions, Beans
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Stir-Fry Veggies
4  Wednesday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, leftover Beans
5. Thursday--Grilled Trout, Roasted Potatoes, Spinach Soufflè
6.  Friday--Get Take-Out(laser zapping day)
7. Saturday--TV Dinners

Pork Sammie goes back on the meal plan.  I've got Chicken Strips and TV Dinners to use up and I know I won't feel like cooking on Friday.  Hubs is excited for the Trout(me, not so much). ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

3 comments:

  1. When I have too many potatoes I make and freeze twice baked potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed there were lots of good deals, but nothing I want. Ruffles, Chips Ahoy, and Breyer's were bogo. But, I told Tommy as he went into Publix NOT to get any of these since he will bring things to me that I do not want. He knows what are my favorites. Good deals and wrong items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled a container of black bean sweet potato soup out of the freezer and made two pizzas today. I’ll need something else in a few days so maybe pasta salad and lentil soup.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.