Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Creepy Eyeball Doctor & Artwork Strikes Again!

I returned to the eye doctor last Friday for my laser zapping on the secondary cataract in my left eye.
After some eye drops(ack!  hate those), signing a release form(listing various "oops!" that can happen, including retina detachment and blindness-Yikes!)then a red sticker dot was placed on my forehead above my left eye before herding me into the "Dilation Room".  I guess this sticker makes sure the doctor zaps the correct eyeball, like when I had my TKR, the surgeon and I both signed my knee so they didn't have an "oopsie" and saw through the wrong knee.  Someone in the Dilation Room had their sticker fall off and we all cautioned them to make sure they put it back over the proper eye. lolz

All of us "laser zapping folks" waiting exchanged some pleasantries and after about 15 minutes I got called in for my zapping.  I sat in the chair and an assistant put even more drops in my eye(have I mentioned how much I dislike having drops put in my eyes yet?).  Then I put my chin in the chin holder and my forehead against the forehead holder(lol)of the machine and was instructed to stare at the eye doctor's left earlobe.  I "saw" red exes and heard the laser go off in bursts and what appeared to be clouds of white smoke?

After 10 seconds it was all over and the eye doctor asked me if I wanted to get glasses(the upsell-at least he didn't try to sell me on Botox injections or other cosmetic shit at his MediSpa next door), then handed me an appointment card to return in 4 months.  I went to get up and leave and the eye doctor stopped me as I rose and removed the red sticker on my forehead.  I told him, "Gee, I thought I'd get to keep that as a souvenir." 8-)  He smiled and I went to the waiting room to find Hubs.

After 2 days and the drops wearing off I can discern crisper vision in the eye that got zapped.  Perhaps I'll get the other one done as well if I can stand to run the creepy eyeball artwork gauntlet again. ;-)

But as promised I did snap photos of the eyeball artwork I came upon on this visit.......

It started at the reception desk....there were 3 eyeballs on canvas artworks(only got 2 in this photo)and a snow globe of sorts with an eye ball in it.  Now that eye in glass was the creepiest thing......


I sort of liked this one in the waiting area........it was tile of either ceramic or porcelain in nature.  You figure out what this means. 8-))

And this ginormous fake chocolate rabbit complete with blue hued bow, grass and little Easter eggs was displayed prominently in front of another eyeball artwork in the waiting area.

I didn't go as many places in the building as on my first visit so I missed some eyeball artwork.  And I did notice a couple of non-eyeball themed pieces in the waiting room this time.  I wonder if in time, those two pieces will be replaced with eyeball themed artwork?


Here is a mural at the end of the long hallway and also running with ads in a loop on the tv monitor in the "Dilation Room".


This painting was next to a water fountain/hydration station down another corridor.  Notice the little figure in a space suit sitting in that eyeball. lol


Here's the painting in the room where the tech gave me the first set of eye drops.  That eyeball sort of looks like mine on terms of color but mine is lighter green with less brown around the edges. ;-)

And here I am with the Easter themed artwork they had someone paint on the building by the entrance.  Giant bunny-esque figures wearing sunglasses.  yeah.

And the Pièce de Resistance was this one.....


The giant eyeball statue is now sporting bunny ears.
Oh, I can't wait until I come back in July to see what they do to this thing for July 4th.*eye roll*

Sluggy





9 comments:

  1. Wow all that eyeball art work Creepy as hell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is even better than expected, especially the space suit person in the eyeball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have trouble looking at all the artwork. It would be hard to look it in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I are dying laughing and wishing we were going to our eye doctor this week so we could show this post to him. He would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, what is a secondary cataract???? And I bought that same turban scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when a membrane forms under your IOL(synthetic lens)after cataract removal. The doc has to zap that membrane to restore your eyesight to what it was after surgery.

      Delete
    2. Yikes! I need cataract surgery very soon. Probably will do it this summer. I'm very scared to do it, but I can't see very well, so gotta do it!

      Delete
    3. Cataract surgery isn't so bad. Colonoscopy prep day is worse! lol

      Delete
    4. I have a friend that was terrified of cataract surgery. Had his first eye done two weeks ago... wished he had done it sooner and got both done closer together. Almost can go without ANY glasses. He hates the drops also.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.