Friday, March 15, 2024

Frugal Friday....the March 15th Edition

There are very few Frugal wins this past week but here goes....

*  I successfully used up odds and ends and incorporated them into new meals and no food got thrown out. 8-)

*  I did some Ibotta rebating this past week and ended up spending $6.56 total after all the Qs/Rebates/Points.  Some of what I got that we don't/can't use will be donated.

*  We used a Subway coupon for 3 subs for $17.99 on the last day it was valid. $6 each for a sub(like in the pre-Covid days)and we used a partial gift card up.  Hubs got what he wanted, I got what I wanted and we agreed on the third sub because we would split it.  Lunch for me was half a tuna sub and dinner was half a chicken sub.  I've still got the other half of the chicken sub so that will be lunch or dinner today. Hubs is on his own since he ate his whole 12" sub for lunch yesterday. lolz

*  I got my eyeball zapped last Friday at the creepy eye doc's office.  My supplement plan paid the 20% Medicare didn't pay so no OOP for that.



*  I found money!


The March 9th Walmart trip I found 3 pennies in various spots in the store.


And on the March 12th trip I found a dime in the self-checkout coin return and then another penny by the drink cooler while leaving the self-checkout area.

Total Found in last Week.... .14¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$2.03

That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy    

3 comments:

  1. Truvia brown sugar was a $.49 moneymaker at Kroger after the Ibotta rebate. That’s my big excitement for week. 😀

    I started working on the freezer a bit and realized a lot of it is ice packs. Zima’s insulin is shipped with several ice packs and I’ve been tossing them in there since 2020. It seems wrong to throw them away so I’ll take some to the trading post area at the recycling center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a LOT of ice packs if it's going on 4 years worth!lol
    Wish my region had that Truvia deal....but good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should be good if there’s a power outage. I think it’s about half ice packs at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.