Monday, January 22, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....the January 22nd Edition

The "Happy Birthday to Me!" Edition.....  

Well I woke up on my birthday with a UTI so we spent the morning yesterday in Urgent Care. go me.  Then it was off to get some antibiotics and Chinese Food, drink a lot of water and take a nap.  My daughter came over to bring me a card/gift, my youngest texted me and then called me later last night and my brother and his wife called to sing me "Happy Birthday".  I got 3 whole cards, one from Hubs, my Daughter and Cousin Sonya.  A bunch of people who never talk to me posted on FB "Happy Birthday".  And my oldest?  Crickets......nada.   I feel so special 8-))

Welcome to age 65.

This is day 225 of the new "diet".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Not actively trying to lose right now, just maintaining.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken Parm, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Marsala, leftover Collards
3. Tuesday--Cabbage w/Onions, Chicken Sausages
4  Wednesday--Shrimp Scampi, leftover Collards
5. Thursday--Stauffer's Cheddar Broccoli Bake
6.  Friday--Leftovers or Lean Cuisine tv dinner
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?


And here's what actually happened.......
Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken Parm, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Marsala, leftover Collards
3. Tuesday--Cabbage w/Onions, Chicken Sausages
4  Wednesday--Leftover Chicken Marsala, Collards, Scalloped Taters
5. Thursday--Zaxby's Zalad, Chicken Salad
6.  Friday--Stauffer's Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Bake
7. Saturday--Pretzel Crackers w/Hummus

Didn't do much shopping and no cooking at the end of the week.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  Chicken Breast
*  Chicken Sausages
*  Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Bake

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

Last week we spent $79.23 on grocery shopping for January.  Most of that amount was on goodies at World Markets at 90% off and not "real" groceries.

Total shopping comes to $602.86 for January.   
There are 9 shopping days left in January.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $191.54 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $55.50 on Shopmium in January.
I've earned $14.00 on Alexa app in January.
I've earned $2.20 on Kroger Cash Back in January.
I've earned $43.97 on TaDa in January.
I've earned $7.76 on Checkout51 in January
I've earned $3.00 on Aisle and $12.84 on a Manuf. Rebate.
I've earned 5,663 points from food shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 350 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That is $314.61 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $602.86 of grocery spending so in reality it's $288.25 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 81.87% and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 53.24% spent. 

Leftovers going into this week....2 Chicken Sausages, Cabbage, 2 small pieces of Chicken Marsala and Collards.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--leftover Cabbage, Chinese takeout for lunch
2. Monday--leftover Chinese take out, strawberry cheesecake
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Spinach Soufflè
4  Wednesday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
5. Thursday--Don't know and don't care
6.  Friday--Don't know and don't care
7. Saturday--Don't know and don't care

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You really did do a job not dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jre well Happy Birthday anyway! Life can have its s.. show moments and sadly their’s not much you can do. But have and find joy when you can. Hopefully your health continues to improve, you’ve gotten through the knee thing. And kids can come to their sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I get UTI’s all the time. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sluggy! Hope you heal fast. Your weight loss is impressive & you look fantastic (saw in a previous post). You inspire me to be more disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, and hope you'll have a good year to come. Not sure if my comments come through a "anonymous" so I'll mention that this is Marceline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Potatoes were $2.99 for 10 pounds at Kroger so I’m making potato leek soup. Whole wheat bread is cooling and looks pretty good. I added some extra gluten and it seems fluffier than previous attempts.

    Dave wanted mac and cheese for his lunch this week. I used up some vegan Brie that his mom gave us. It was really sour but fine in the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Happy Damn Birthday to you, Slugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday from France Sluggy. And well done to you on the amazing weight loss. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Best Wishes for a happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiest of birthday wishes! Glad you were able to celebrate with chinese food and a visit from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated Happy birthday from me. At least you got a nice meal. It's my 60th this year. I am surprised your daughter didn't tell your eldest off for forgetting your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! I don't get UTIs, but Dr. Ashley Winter on Twitter (X) strongly recommends taking vaginal estrogen to prevent UTIs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.