Monday, January 29, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table...January 29th Edition

The "Mardi Gras Season is in Full Swing" Edition.....  

You can't look anywhere without seeing decorations(both indoors and outdoors)in purple, green and gold and King Cakes(which is really a pastry, not a cake).  Heck my old PT has a Mardi Gras TREE up!(Take a Christmas Tree, remove all the red and dark green and Christmasy stuff and add purple, gold and green bling and top it with a crown.)

This is day 232 of the new "diet".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Not actively trying to lose right now, just maintaining.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--leftover Cabbage, Chinese takeout for lunch
2. Monday--leftover Chinese take out, strawberry cheesecake
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Spinach Soufflè
4  Wednesday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
5. Thursday--Don't know and don't care
6.  Friday--Don't know and don't care
7. Saturday--Don't know and don't care


And here's what actually happened.......
1. Sunday--Chinese takeout for lunch, Leftover Cabbage for dinner
2. Monday--leftover Chinese take out, strawberry cheesecake
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Spinach Soufflè
4  Wednesday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
5. Thursday--Lasagna Bolognese (Dinner out)
6.  Friday--Frozen Pizza
7. Saturday--Veal Parm, Leftover Collards

Didn't do a lot of shopping and didn't have many veggies other than some lunch salads.  Some week are like that.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  Strawberry Cheesecake(Birthday!)
*  4 Hamburger Patties
*  1 Spinach Soufleè
*  6 Chicken Thighs
*  1 Frozen Pizza
*  1 Veal Parm Pack

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 Pizza(The same one I took out later)

Last week we spent $50.08 on grocery shopping for January. 

Total shopping comes to $652.94 for January.   
There are 2 shopping days left in January.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $224.29 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $59.50 on Shopmium in January.
I've earned $14.00 on Alexa app in January.
I've earned $2.20 on Kroger Cash Back in January.
I've earned $43.97 on TaDa in January.
I've earned $7.76 on Checkout51 in January
I've earned $3.00 on Aisle and $12.84 on a Manuf. Rebate.
I've earned 5,663 points from food shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 360 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That is $351.36 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch/Alexa)on $652.94 of grocery spending so in reality it's $301.58 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 46.76% and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 52.80% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week....Chicken and Dumplings, 2 Hamburger Patties, 2 pieces of Veal Parm and 1 piece of Pizza.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Zaxby Zalad
2. Monday--Cheeseburgers(bun optional), Baked Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
4  Wednesday--Salmon, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--Soup and Sammies or ?
6.  Friday--???
7. Saturday--Whatever is easy or Hubs makes

I have 2 x $3 off $3 deli meat/cheese Qs from Kroger I must use this week and I heard there are some Frozen food deals at our Walmart here going down but other than that, the grocery stores hold no big allure for me this week.
3 of my days this week are taken up with medical appointments(Pain Management/Neurology/Dermatology), one out of state as there is no Derm that treats HS in the whole state of LA(crazy, right?)so the plan this week is to use what we have and/or find food. Period. lol

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

11 comments:

  1. Hoping your HS also goes away with your new found health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I doubt THAT is going to happen but thanks for the words of encouragement. lolz

      Delete
  2. Beef Hot dogs with coleslaw and Claussen pickles, PF Chang’s chicken fried rice and Beef and Broccoli (the frozen stuff from grocery, ) tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches,
    I don’t know, I don’t know, IDK… lol. Probably hamburgers with sautéed spinach for one meal, etc. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest loves tomato soup and grilled cheese and probably always will.

      Delete
  3. Yum. it all sounds delicious. We also had cabbage on our menu last week and have more for this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabbage is a cheap source of nutrition and available year round. Rounds out a menu nicely.

      Delete
  4. I am amazed you have lost so much weight and improved your health so much. I know my back would not hurt so if I lost weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weight might help your back problems. It couldn't hurt. ;-)

      Delete
    2. slugmama,
      All of my health problems would lessen or disappear if I lost weight, about 150 lbs!

      Delete
  5. Are you still going to Jackson for the Dermatologist? If I woke with adventure on my mind I could drive there and meet you for lunch. But it is a seriously long way to go eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my appt. is after 1pm and I don't know how long the appt. is, so I doubt if lunch will happen and lunch certainly won't happen anywhere near that ghastly bus station!!!!!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.