Friday, January 26, 2024

Frugal Friday.....the January 26th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  Our house did NOT float away!


We are in full Monsoon Season here in Louisiana.  This is one of many personal bayous(ie; swamps on our property during the rainy season.  It rained so much that day and at such a clip that the road out front became engulfed as well. Crazy!  My brother in Virginia heard about the flooding in Baton Rouge and called me, fearing were were being washed away too.  Nope.  Not even close to Baton Rouge here.

.

*  One doctor appointment this past week plus I had to run out in a deluge on Monday to get bloodwork done before it...Hurrah
The good news is the labs were excellent*using my Mr. Burns from the Simpsons voice in my head here* and my A1C was again not even pre-diabetic(thank you weight loss!)but normal.  At my PCP appointment among the items, we went over we went over all these drugs and supplements I had been put on(some since 2013).

These three prescription drugs on the left(plus one more)and the two vitamin supplements I was still taking due to the Wound Care adventure of Xmas Eve 2022 on the right are out of my life now.  Bye Felicia!
Of course now I am on 2 anti-seizure meds for Neurological issues so you win some you lose some. ;-)  I'll hit up my old NP and see if the rural health clinic can use some of the sealed/unexpired back stock of this stuff I have for their indigent patients.  I'd hate to see expensive meds go to waste if they don't have to.

*  Grocery shopping this past week for 2024....not much in the food department really....

A small trip to Walmart--5 moneymaker Axe deodorants on clearance @ $2.50(.50¢ better than free each after $3 Ibotta rebates), 2 bottles of Axe body wash @ $3, also on clearance(better than free after their 2 x $2 Ibotta rebates and $4 Shopmium rebate)and a jar of Olay face stuff.  That was $11.94 with an $8 rebate plus I got a $3 Bonus as it was the second time I bought an Olay product plus I got a .50¢ any receipt rebate so with the $2.50 in overage on the deodorants this was a little moneymaker. ;-)

A little Kroger shop-2 bags of clearance kibble dog food(same flavor as the super expensive Purina stuff our dogs eat for about a 1/4 of the price), 2 clearance bags of Back to Nature Granola to put in my Yogurt(and I got $2 back from Ibotta making them .99¢ each)and a bag of dishwasher tabs that were suppose to be $1.99 with discount and digital Q but the wrong Q was applied making them $2.99 instead. sigh.  Win some/lose some at least they weren't full price, right?

*  I used a Birthday $5 Kohl's Cash plus a merch. credit I had for some returned pants and got a Birthday gift for my son(who turns 29 in Feb.).  The item in question was 50% off.   I also I paid for a new bucket hat for Hubs, which was also on deep discount.  He's got quite the collection now.

*  I had my last PT appointment on Wednesday.  As we are liable for a $20 co-pay for each session since going on Medicare I had to access whether the sessions were actually adding to my recovery or just a social outlet for me now.  The consensus was they are no longer medically necessary.
I will miss them as they are a great group of folks. 8-(

*  I found Money!
Nope.  Didn't find any this past week other than the change Hubs handed me when we got a burger at Wendy's while out.  He never asked for it back so I am counting it. lol

Total Found in last Week.... .26¢
Grand Total Found this Year........74¢

And here is a photo of a slice of fruitcake just because Anne hates it. lolol



That's all I got.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

7 comments:

  1. Does shopping your pantry count as a frugal win, because there are squat for sales here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your face cream deal. That is my favorite kind! I typically buy it in the large size at Costco or Sam's but they've switched which kinds they carry and it's hard to find sometimes (and expensive). Re; the fruitcake... despise 'fruitcake' except mine. LOL. Mine is actually a graham cracker and marshmallow base with the nuts and raisins, etc. in it and it's so good! Won't touch traditional 'fruitcake' though - yuck. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem with the Finish tabs but then Ibotta applied a $6 rebate instead of the correct $3 rebate. Still ended up being a money maker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was given one statin after another and could not tolerate any of them. So, lots of meds were wasted. My meds are never sealed, so not sure how to get rid of ones that were given to me that were not even my prescription. I am not sure how to proceed with donating the meds, bottles and bottles.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.