Saturday, January 27, 2024

I Am Not An Idiot & The Midnight Special

Contrary to what some would-be commenters think, I am not an idiot. I am an educated, thinking woman with most of a brain remaining.  To "Unknown" who thinks I am foolhardy, crazy even, to just go off of medications, this was not undergone without the advise(yah, the insistence)and consent of my PCP, who feels I've been overmedicated for awhile now.  Time and how my body reacts will tell and I am in no danger of anything medically untoward.
I just wanted to put that out there in case any other trolls or unknowns want to make an issue of my private life.

In happier goings on--
Here's a song about one of my many Birthday Buddies, Robert Weston Smith.  You know him(if you are a person of a certain age like me)as "Wolfman Jack".  The Guess Who wrote a song about him(including him?)in 1972.....

If you are as old as dirt like me, you are very familiar with who Wolfman Jack was.

 Wolfman's first radio gig was in Newport News, VA near were I was born and grew up and after the KKK burned a cross in his front lawn he moved his family to Shreveport LA which is near were we moved to in 2022. 8-)

Wolfman was also made the Host of a tv show featuring musical stars of that era called "The Midnight Special" which aired in the 1970's.  I've been watching some of those episodes lately.  What a walk down memory lane it has been(both good and some very bad and dated songs).

Did you ever watch Midnight Special?

Sluggy


10 comments:

  1. As another member of the "older than dirt" group. I remember Wolfman Jack, especially his role in the movie American Graffiti. Really enjoyed "Clap For the Wolfman" by The Guess Who. Nice stroll down memory lane. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and read that part of the last post about the meds you no longer take. It seemed clear that decisions were made by or in concordance between the PCP and you.
    In 1972 I was in full mommy mode and did not own a radio. I did not get exposure to much tv, radio, or movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember Wolfman Jack and yes, the Midnight Special DID shine its everlovin’ light on me. I am decidedly NOT as old as dirt, though. Just hip AF. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many people are over medicated.
    Especially older people. They see multiple physicians. All prescribing medications.
    In a perfect world all the doctors involved
    would have time to go over the patients chart completely.
    But the medical profession has changed.
    We have nursing and physician shortages. So people are carrying a much heavier work load.
    You have to be your own advocate.
    You have discussed it with your physician and made this decision together. I spent my entire Career working in a big city ER.
    I saw it every day people deathly
    ill from to lomany meds.
    I hope your feeling better with less
    Medicine. It's now ones business but yours. They can bugger off if they don't like it.
    I never missed single episode of midnight special.
    I still watch them on you tube.
    There was also don kirshners Rock concert. I miss those easy carefree days
    Of my teenage years!
    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember Wolfman Jack. He had that one of a kind gravely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wolf man Jack, Casey Kasem, American Bandstand with Dick Clark, Soul Train, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Sonny and Cher…. yes, I am ancient now…. Lol Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Right there with you Cindy. Good memories. I'm also in the south. :- )

      Delete
  7. Yes, me too, old as dirt....but those were the days! Loved Midnight Special and Wolfman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didnt know it was tv. I listened to midnight special on radio in chicago 1970s. Loved sonny terry n brownie mcgee

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a constant insomniac in my teens I got up after everyone went to bed and watched Midnight Special or old movies until the test pattern came on. Then I would read until near dawn. Oh for the days when 4 hours of sleep was plenty!

    I vividly, for some reason, still remember watching Kansas on Midnight Special.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.