Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Louisiana Blizzard of 2024......Reporting In

Some funny Memes on FB about Lousiana prepping for a "blizzard"......



And a way to give a second life to your old Mardi Gras Beads.......


Who needs snow chains when you've got a plethora of beads?

My favorite......
A great way to spice up all that roadkill!


A view from my front door of the "Blizzard".


This one pretty much sums it up.  Though everything has been closed(roads, schools, businesses)since Sunday.  The little bit we got warmed up via sunshine and refroze into ice so yeah, we may be stuck at home for a bit longer.
As long as we don't lose power I'll be a happy camper. 8-)
**UPDATE**  And yes, we lost power about a half hour after I posted this. whomp whomp
The electricity was only out a couple of hours fortunately.

But that electric bill will be nasty bad with all these record low temps....

Sluggy

12 comments:

  1. Bahaha, i like those memes. Same here, all shut down due to the icy conditions, not much snow just frozen. Thank goodness for remote car starters, so I could start mine to warm up and not go down the stairs to do so. Stay warm and safe and I hope neither of us lose power either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! That is funny. We got some decent snow, but nowhere near cataclysmic. It's more of the icy road conditions. We had a severe wind chill factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a little snow that melted and refroze into treacherous black ice. Staying at home. Boring but frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it had to be a joke. We sit here, frozen in, too. I suppose I cannot get my free scoop from Chicken Salad Chick. Funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only in Louisiana could some of these work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the power is back on! I want some bead tire chains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. School was closed here in AL on Tues and then a later start on Wed. Everyone making miniature snowmen on the hoods of their cars. We know snow, don't we Sluggy? I saw all those memes on FB. Very funny stuff, but the temps are not so funny. I'm ready for the warm weather I moved down here for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are getting 4 inches be thankful your not in Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Canada. We would call that a dusting. But we also have the equipment here to deal with it. It has been -15 Celsius here this week very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were very funny. 12 degrees here and it's going to drop to 5 tonight. BRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.