Monday, January 15, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....the January 15th Edition

The "It's that Time of Year Again" Edition.....  


The Mardi Gras stuff is out in full display at stores here now.  Actually they had it out in some places before we left for PA in December.  Around here MG has to jockey for shelf space with the Valentine's stuff.
I thought this inflatable mudbug was horrific.  Who needs to buy this since with the Rainy Season, mudbugs are in everyone's yard?  These would be the real deal critters popping up in them.
No one's yard, from here to Lafayette, to New Orleans, to the shores of the Mississippi river are safe from these wild crawfish tubes.  So lovely.....

This is day 218 of the new "diet".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week hahaha.......
1. Sunday--Caesar Salad, Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, leftover Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Lean Cuisine tv dinner
4  Wednesday--Chicken Sandwich, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--Lean Cuisine tv dinner
6.  Friday--Shrimp Scampi, something veggie?
7. Saturday--Stauffer's Cheddar Broccoli Bake

And here's what actually happened.......
1. Sunday--Caesar Salad, Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, leftover Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Lean Cuisine tv dinner
4  Wednesday--Chicken Sandwich, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, more Leftover Green Beans
6.  Friday--Teriyaki Salmon, leftover Sweet Tater Fries, Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Chicken Thighs w/SF BBQ sauce, Collard Greens

The "plan" got followed until we hit Thursday, then some shopping happened and we ran this menu into the ditch. lol

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
* Chicken Strips
* Meatballs
* 2 TV dinners
* Chicken Patties
* Chicken Parms

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 4 Chicken/Veal Parms
* 1 Smoked Kielbasi
*  7 BSCThighs

Last week we spent a shocking $333.01 on grocery shopping for January.  Still stocking back up.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 8-))  All the dog food and facial tissue(which we were running dangerously low on)bought just made the total worse.

Total shopping comes to $523.63 for January.   
There are 16 shopping days left in January.  With the wild weather forecast here I may not get a chance to get out to the store until Thursday or Friday(if at all) this coming week anyway so I'm glad I stocked up.  I figure I've got just over 7 days left in the month to grocery shop and will try to show some restraint. *rolling my eyes*

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $168.04 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $41.50 on Shopmium in January.
I've earned $1.00 on Alexa app in January.
I've earned $2.20 on Kroger Cash Back in January.
I've earned $37.97 on TaDa in January.
I've earned $6.76 on Checkout51 in January
I've earned $3.00 on Aisle and $12.84 on a Manuf. Rebate.
I've earned 5,563 points from food shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 350 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That is $271.11 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch)on $523.63 of grocery spending so in reality it's $252.52 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 38.37% and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 38.66% spent. 

Leftovers going into this week....2 Chicken Thighs, Spaghetti and Meatballs, 2 Chicken Parm Patties, Cole Slaw and Collards.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chicken Parm, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Marsala, leftover Collards
3. Tuesday--Cabbage w/Onions, Chicken Sausages
4  Wednesday--Shrimp Scampi, leftover Collards
5. Thursday--Stauffer's Cheddar Broccoli Bake
6.  Friday--Leftovers or Lean Cuisine tv dinner
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy    

7 comments:

  1. Harvesting the crawfish? I think they taste good but are a bigger pain to eat than is worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that's how it goes for us too! But I guess a big shop has to happen once in a while to allow the small shop weeks :) A big shop stock up feels so good, like we could eat for a very long time...haha, if only!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planned yesterday morning and already changed twice. I've got a crockpot full of soup going now, but also made food to portion to give to my daughters. I am out of salad greens and that's what I'd really like despite the negative 0 temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds delicious, Sluggy. Several people have spaghetti on their menus this week or Baked spaghetti, which sounds so good. I need to make some soon. Excellent rebate monies you've earned so far this month. You are one champ in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose the high prices will all even out with months you don't spend so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would pass on the inflatable bug as well!! One of these days I would love to visit your neck of the woods and see the Mardi Gras. I just hate the heat, mind you what you posted on my blog today, those temperatures are just fine for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m using the last half cup of white flour in pizza dough right now. The rest is whole wheat and looks ok so far. We’ll find out later tonight.

    There’s some leftover pasta and bean soup if it’s really bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.