Sunday, January 14, 2024

Actual Snow is Forecasted for Down Here....Y'all Be Careful Now, Ya Hear!

Not having grown up in the "deep" South("just" in Virginia, as far South as you can go in that state)and then living up North since college(the last 23 years on an actual mountain)I find it hilarious the panic on the faces of people in the store and the Weather People on the tv the last couple of days, due to the fact that they are forecasting up to 1" on snow and/or ice here tonight/tomorrow.

This is what prompted me to post this take on a classical still life painting done by George Lucas in 2016........


Of course my first thought was, Where are the eggs?!?"  Everyone knows you have to wipe the store out of milk, bread and eggs.  I think the tp was added when Covid came on the scene. ;-)

I was at Walmart early this morning and watched people walking around in there without coats, hats, gloves, and one lady had on shorts and flip flops(I kid you not).  And it was 28F by the way.

And this video pretty much sums up Winter/a Prediction of Snow in the South.


Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I drove in snow for the first time when I was 21 and 8 months pregnant in Memphis, TN. Ex from NY was sitting next to me. He did not know how to drive in snow. Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, didn't receive an email. A lot of NYC folks can't drive/never got a license, at least in my experience with some since there is more than ample public transportation there and you have to pay exorbitant rents to park a car in the city.

      Delete
  2. We got both snow and sun zero temps. Poor young dog hates the bitter cold but loves the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any man nor beast enjoys the biting cold. My chihuahua loves the snow, at least he did in PA.

      Delete
  3. Usually our snow has an ice component to it. Son’s RV ( he lives up there for work) in north Alabama is covered in ice as I type this…. Sigh.
    So not good. The snow part is on the way for him. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Matt Mitchell's videos. I watch as soon as he publishes one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! I didn't know George Lucas could paint.
    Gotta have those milk sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the Star Wars George Lucas, but another one, an artist who sells his prints online. Milk Sammies....yummo! lol

      Delete
  6. a lot of southern states don't have plows or many of them. Son 2 got to drive in Iraq because he knew how to drive in snow with a stick shift, guess driving in sand is like driving in the snow. Made me less upset since he was actually supposed to finding the snippers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Yup, good old weather....challenges everywhere :)
    In defense of northern schools closing in hot weather (I'm in MN,) a lot of our schools don't have air conditioning or windows that open in classrooms. Besides the fact that a fan often violates two school rules 1) uses electric energy ("we, the administration, deem no unnecessary things plugged in... btw, nothing is necessary") and 2) upsets the fire marshall ("that fan and those papers thingies you call art hanging from the ceiling gotta go".) Haha, just ask me how I know.... 😀

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.