Friday, January 19, 2024

Frugal Friday....the January 19th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  No doctor appointments this past week...Hurrah

*  We stayed home as the roads were impassable here from Sunday evening until Thursday.  Not going out and spending money counts as frugal, right?

*  Grocery shopping this past week for 2024....

A small haul at Walmart yesterday.(Ignore the Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets on the right. lol)
Everything pictured cost $42.70 OOP(I used a free $10 gift card too).  Got back $23.50 from Ibotta, $14.00 from Shopmium and $6.00 back from Tada, and I got $13 from Alexa on an Amazon gift card, making this an .80¢ moneymaker trip(plus $13 in Amazon in gift credit).
I didn't shop this week except for that so I won't be hitting that big Ibotta bonus.  Oh well, that's life.

*  When the roads thawed out on Thursday, we hit up World Market to see if any Xmas clearance stuff was left.  As nobody could go anywhere until that day this past week(and mot stores were not even open), the store still had lots of clearance, that was now 90% off.

I paid $36.53 for all the goodies show here.  That's $365.30 of reg. retail stuff.  8-)))

*  I had earned some kind of Gaming Points/Rewards in the 4th quarter of 2023 at Kroger by purchasing certain items(beats me what!lol).  I went on the website and used some points to get, so far, $3 off a piece of Salmon I bought and to get this item for free......

Hubs picked it out as he was going to be the one to drink it and he photo bombed the can. ;-)

*  Yesterday was free chicken salad scoop day at Chicken Salad Chick locations.  Since there was one of these less than .5 of a mile from World Market Hubs and I went in and got this......


2 Scoops of chicken salad.  Hubs ate his already and said it was very plain and "eh".  I plan to gussy mine up a bit before eating it.  If we had wanted to we could have gone to the town right over the river as there is another location there, and gotten two more freebies but neither of us really felt like doing that.

I found Money!




I found this shiny fellow at the register at DG Market last Saturday when I went to pick up some birthday cards.


Then on Sunday I found these fellows while leaving Walmart laying on the floor.

Total Found in last Week.... .03¢
Grand Total Found this Year........48¢

That's all I got.  I'm tired, sore, dirty and cold and I don't want to write anymore. 8-(

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

5 comments:

  1. The Chicken Salad Chick he got for free is the one I always choose and love, the plainest one there is. Tommy gets Fruity Fran.
    My big buy was at a 90% off counter of Christmas items. They are throwing Halloween leftovers and NYE, too. Jello Sparkling Strawberry was 25 cents. Halloween edible glitter get was 74 cents. Both of these are good until fall 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a World Market closer to me. My friend in VA always raves about that store and you always find good deals there. Very nice shopping deals all around! Have a great weekend Sluggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 2 pairs of boots for the price of one with the sale on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just submitted $17.55 in Ibotta rebates. There were 13 so I should qualify for two $5 bonuses. Exciting since I almost never have enough for a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I like World Market. It's so fun to stroll around in there. You found some great deals. We missed out on the chicken salad as we stayed home out of the cold.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.