Friday, December 22, 2023

Frugal Friday......the December 22nd Edition

 There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I went to PT 1x this past week.   Good thing I've hit all my deductibles and co-pays so I'm not shelling out cash for this service.

*  Grocery shopping this past week for December--best deals........

Got two bottles of Teriyaki sauce on clearance for $1.57 each at Kroger.

Used $80 in Walmart gift cards(bought using Ibotta funds which brought my grocery spending down to almost nothing there.


On the 19th I picked up 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste at Walmart on clearance for $3.27 each(marked down from $4.98) and got a $4.00 rebate on Ibotta and another $4.00 back on Shopmium.   Then TaDa gave me another $3.00 back. I also picked up a package of Alka-Seltzer Boost for $4.97 and Shop Kick gave me back $4 in SKs.  Total OOP was $12.41 and I got back $15 back.


*  I found money!


I actually drove myself for the first time on Saturday last.  I went up to Walmart(shocking, I know!)  I spied this fine specimen by the candy machines leaving the store...... 

Total Found in last Week.... .05¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.56

That's all I got.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

7 comments:

  1. We saved $429.82 for the month between cash back, points, sales and coupons. Half will go in savings and the other half will go on mortgage. I have one more time of stopping at the store at end of month. Best savings was $65 on tank of diesel for truck at Kroger's thanks to points, credit card bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winn Dixie had bogo large container of Clorox disinfectant wipes, and a large can of pumpkin pie mix for $2.50. I bought hot dogs (for the dog) for 99 cents at Aldi, and a small cheese ball for $1.25. I wanted a cheesecake for Christmas dinner (and didn’t want to make it) and found Edwards whipped cheesecake for $5.99 at Target. Son requested Cornish hens so got two in a package on sale at Winn Dixie but cannot remember the price. Also bought wild rice for the meal bogo at Winn Dixie. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a few weeks since I was on line reading blogs. I hope you/yours have a happy Christmas! I am glad you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been to Kroger twice for the $.99 pineapples and will probably go back again on Tuesday. Dave’s mom gave me another gift card for watching her cats so free groceries for a while. We’ve told her to stop but she insists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. The real win this week is that healing has progressed to the point you can drive yourself. Congratulations 👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done on driving yourself to the store!! A Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.