Saturday, December 16, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the December 15th Edition

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I went to PT 2x this past week.   Good thing I've hit all my deductibles and co-pays so I'm not shelling out cash for this service.

*  Grocery shopping this past week for December--best deals........

On the 8th at Kroger there was a cart of Kroger 1 lb. peanut butter near the registers marked down to .75¢ each.  I restrained myself and only bought two. 8-)
Also at Kroger, I bought a bottle of Dove Men's body wash and paid $7.49 , then got $3 back on Ibotta, and another $3 back I don't remember on which rebate app.


I also got a pack of Airwick scented refills(2 pack)$6.89 and 2 different rebates attached to it making the rebate $10.
Bought a carton of Oreo Mint Ice Cream on sale for $2.99 and Ibotta gave me a $2 rebate.  Ice Cream for .99¢?  Yes please! (Also got $2+ in ShopKicks making that a moneymaker.) 
I got $9.15 back in Kroger Cash Back on that trip as well.

On the 10th I picked up a tube of Colgate toothpaste at Walmart for $1.97 and got a $3.00 rebate on Ibotta and $1.50 back on Shopmium.  Sweet! Didn't take a picture of that but y'all know what toothpaste looks like, right?

Stopped in at Dollar General and found ground beef marked 50% off.  I just bought one and didn't get a picture before repacking it and putting it into the freezer.

*  I found money!


I found this groady guy between the register counter and the drink cooler at the Chinese restaurant we ate at on Thursday.  He cleaned up pretty good!

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.51

That's all I got.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   

4 comments:

  1. Great deal on the markdown peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been in a store for a while. Even the electric shopping carts don't entice me. My groceries are delivered by Instacart. It's more expensive with fees and tips but it does eliminate impulse buying. I would have probably bought more than 2 of that peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have bought more than two. Tommy likes to eat it with a spoon, besides on a sandwich. I told him about this deal you found. He acted unimpressed. WHy? I asked him. I am not that desperate for peanut butter. I was shocked since he will use from a tiny jar and then complain he is out.

    I found two 28 oz jars bogo at Publix and bought two today. He was shocked, "Why did you buy two??!!!" Silly man. I may go back before Tuesday and buy two more.

    Chocolate chips were bogo, too. He was shocked I bought two. I am on the lookout for turkey breasts on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing but extra expenses here lately. The fireplace wouldn’t stay lit so had to pay for service. A storm blew something off so they had to replace it.

    Zima the cat refused to provide a urine sample at the vet and at home. I have to take her back on Wednesday so they can try again.

    It seems like there was something else but I’m drawing a blank.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.