Saturday, December 2, 2023

The November Food Spending of 2023

Onward to November's Food Spending Report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for November 2023.

I have posted November's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************

KROGER
OOP  $84.31
Qs/Gift Cards $336.92
Value $421.23
Savings  79.98%

OLLIE'S
OOP $9.76
Value $15.98
Savings  38.92%

SUPER 1 FOODS
OOP  $4.88
Value  $7.77
Savings  37.00%

WALMART
OOP  $207.13
Qs/Gift Cards $207.86
Value  $414.99
Savings  50.09%

********************
My best Store Savings Total was at Walmart with a savings of 50.09%.  My worse rate was at Super 1 Foods with 37.00%.  

I shopped at 4 different stores in NOVEMBER.

TOTAL Spent in November......$306.08
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards....$553.89
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.....$859.97
TOTAL Savings of........64.41%

This closes out the NOVEMBER food/toiletries/etc. spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month....The leftover travel stipend  monies helped pay for some food after we got home.  I also made strategic purchases with rebates as is my want.

The Monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 26.62% in November to 64.41% compared to October's 37.79% savings average.  The big factor is such a great difference in the savings rate came from that leftover stipend money from the trip to Ohio and catching some good deals.  Since we have an adequate income and food should be a pleasure in life(no way am I going to eat unseasoned rice and beans for my remaining days like some people)I will buy quality food and pay the price at the register.  I may not like the price but I will deal with it.

With 11 months accounted for, I have spent a Total of $4,460.35 on groceries/HBA/paper goods/etc. in 2023.

2023 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$4,460.35
2023 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$7,757.88
2023 Grand Total Saved...............................$3,297.53
2023 Yearly Savings Total..............................42.51%

The average per month amount spent is $405.49 in 2023 at this point.

LOOKING AHEAD TO DECEMBER......December will be a crapshoot.  We have plans to travel to see family for part of the month so there should be less food spending than usual.

Remember that I withdraw all my cash rebate monies(Ibotta, Coupons dotcom, Shopmium, Checkout 51 and other miscellaneous rebates sent to my Paypal)at the end of the year and add it back into my food budget, so at the end of the year my food spending will go down.  The other savings apps like Fetch, Shop Kick, Kroger Cash Back that let us get free gift cards(or $ off your grocery total-Kroger), those are added back in when I cash those points in along the way.  Alexa app gives me Amazon credit onto my account but I don't buy food on Amazon(sometimes I buy dog food there)so I really don't know how to count that.

At the end of the third quarter of the year, I'd accumulated--$962.99 in Ibotta(most in my bank account as I don't like to leave Ibotta monies on the platform), $309.40 in Paypal from Shopmium ,Coupons dotcom as well as an odd rebate or two from another source, $43.35 in Kroger Cash Back I haven't spent, $36.78 in Shop Kick, $62.20 in Swag Bucks to redeem, $16.75 on Alexa for Amazon gift cards and some points on Fetch that aren't even worth considering at this point.  Without counting the Fetch that's $1,431.47 in cash or scrip total to put toward the grocery spending in 2023 which lowers my OOP on food spending to $2,342.73 give or take at that point.  I'll add in what rebates where earned in the fourth quarter too once 2023 is in the books. 8-)

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share your thoughts with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in November?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons versus buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

*  Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?

Sluggy


2 comments:

  1. Work was really busy in November. December will be much worse though so my plan is to just roll with it. November I made two full Thanksgiving meals , took one to youngest son studying for law schools finals, as did other parents with kids in.school there bc finals started the Monday after Thanksgiving. I also made enough at the second meal to leave enough leftovers for my oldest son to take to North Alabama and left my ex husband with leftovers since he doesn’t feel like cooking much with his cancer treatment issues. I cook for middle son all the time so didn’t leave us much leftovers. I did cook up a bunch of dried red beans and rice for this week for me so it would be handy for a quick supper. I use lots of salt and pepper and hot sauce…. lolz. The Thanksgiving turkey was 69 cents a lb at Publix. I cannot remember the price on everything else. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm not eating unseasoned rice and beans for the rest of my life either. LOL That would be a miserable life.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.