Monday, December 4, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Glad to Hear from JRE" Edition.....  

I'm happy reader JRE made a comment last week on how she is doing with her TKR post surgery.  I was just about to post something to ask her to give us an update.
I am now 7+ weeks out, still doing PT 3 days a week and am off the walker as of a week ago.  Because of my back/coccyx issues and some neurological issues(causing balance problems)it took me a bit longer to transition to a cane from that blasted walker(plus makes some balance type exercises more difficult).  Off the "good drugs" for a couple to 3 weeks now and just on OTC Tylenol plus Flexeril for my back.  Had the lower back MRI on Saturday at 8 am and waiting to hear something from the dr. on that and where we go from here.  Still no response from my neurologist.  It's been just shy of a month since I failed the EMG test they did.  NO surprise since it took a month of pestering him to get him to respond to me after the brain MRI I had back in August with any information a lay person could understand. sigh


This is day 176 of the new "diet".  Down 52 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 60 lbs.).  

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Faux Thanksgiving at Daughter's House
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No  Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue


And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Faux Thanksgiving at Daughter's House
2. Monday--BBQ Brisket slice, Baked Sweet Potato
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, Teriyaki Green Beans
4  Wednesday--Lunch out-Wendy's, no Dinner
5. Thursday--Bowl of Rice Chex, Leftover Meatloaf, Teriyaki Green Beans
6.  Friday--Yogurt w/Granola, big Zalad from Zaxby's, no dinner
7. Saturday--2 Chicken Pot Pies

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  a Turkey
*  a Hunk of Brisket
*  2 lb. of Ground Beef
*  1 bag of Green Beans

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  sliced up Brisket after it was smoked

Last week we spent $157.53 on grocery shopping for November.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $306.08 for November.   
There are 27 shopping days left in December.

I've earned $209.16 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $19.49 on Shopmium in November.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in November.
I've earned $24.05 on Kroger Cash Back in November.
I've earned $46.76 on TaDa in November.
I've earned $9.00 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned $13.96 on Aisle.
I've earned 4,832 points from food shopping on Fetch in November.
I've earned 2,648 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in November.

That is $298.36 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $308.06 of grocery spending so in reality it's $7.72 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 55.97% and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 64.41% spent.  Nice percentages since we used what was left on that travel stipend card last week.

Leftovers going into this week....a hunk of Meatloaf, 2 small pieces of pumpkin pie(Hubs is eating that), most of 2 pans of homemade rolls(will go into freezer)but no other turkey day leftovers as we didn't bring anything home with us from Daughter's house.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Beer Bratwurst on Roll, Zero Sugar Baked Beans
2. Monday--Veggie Lasagna
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--1/2 Tuna Sub, Salmon, Spinach Soufflè
5. Thursday--1/2 Tuna Sub, small bit of Ice Cream
6.  Friday--leftovers
7. Saturday--No Clue

No menu planning for me now, mostly things Hubs can do.  The meals may not happen on the days noted but they will happen this coming week.  I have earned the right not to, in my mind at this point.  I am giving up control of meals to Hubs.  I will put in requests now and then.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

I may post sporadically after this one or I might not, depending on drugs and stuff. 

Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. Glad that you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with your daughter. Yummy on the brisket meal too.
    Sorry about the delay from the neurologist. I really hope that means that no news is good news. Sounds like you are doing well after knee surgery, and I'm glad you are in less pain. Congrats on graduating to the cane too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No money found??someone left their change of 75 cents behind I grabbed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jre thanks! I just saw this and had earlier replied to an older post. So glad you are doing better. I’m slowly getting there also. Weirdly how different days different stiffness or nerves hurting (not terribly ). But I think back and probably that whole first post op week is a blur of misery!! Ha! I’ve joked I’m back in the saddle again, kind of. I sure hope you get to the bottom of things and find resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago when I made a pumpkin pie, I ate the whole pie in one day. I usually lost weight doing that. That might work for your weight loss...jk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a few servings of macaroni and cheese, barbecue tofu and white bean soup. I pulled the gallon bag of Indian food out of the freezer so it will be ready tomorrow. I’ll make some type of soup when we run out of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your knee is coming along nicely, which is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are still eating on the turkey I cooked the week after Thanksgiving. There is slaw, greens, and beans to go with it. Tommy opened a can of mixed vegetables, also, tonight. I won't eat that since it has peas. Apple, bananas, grapes, and Halos are here for fruit. Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.