Monday, December 11, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "People Are Disgusting!" Edition.....  

This is the sight that greeted me as I got out of Hubs car at PT last Wednesday in the parking lot.  It's a few sheets from the end of a roll of paper towels AND the paper towel tube.  It looks like someone spilled coffee or some other liquid in their car, whipped out the last of a roll of paper towels they also had in their car to wipe up the spillage and then dropped this mess on the ground in the parking lot for me to almost step in as I exited the car and then for me to take a photo of.
I swear if trash in this parking lot were coins I'd be filthy rich!lol

This is day 183 of the new "diet".  Down 53 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 61 lbs.).  

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Beer Bratwurst on Roll, Zero Sugar Baked Beans
2. Monday--Veggie Lasagna
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--1/2 Tuna Sub, Salmon, Spinach Soufflè
5. Thursday--1/2 Tuna Sub, 
6.  Friday--leftovers
7. Saturday--No Clue


And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Beer Bratwurst on Roll, Zero Sugar Baked Beans
2. Monday--No Clue(It was THAT memorable)
3. Tuesday--a Protein Shake, Veggie Lasagna
4  Wednesday--1/2 Tuna Sub, Salmon, Spinach Soufflè
5. Thursday--1/2 Tuna Sub, small bit of Ice Cream
6.  Friday--Catfish dinner, Green Beans, Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Leftover Catfish dinner, Butternut Squash Ravioli Lean Cuisine dinner

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  5 Beer Bratwurst
*  Veggie Lasagna
*  2 Hunks of Salmon

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 tub of Ice Cream

Last week we spent $242.65 on grocery shopping for December.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $242.65 for December.   
There are 20 shopping days left in December.

I've earned $84.84 on Ibotta in December.
I've earned $14.00 on Shopmium in December.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in December.
I've earned $9.15 on Kroger Cash Back in December.
I've earned $32.24 on TaDa in December.
I've earned $.62 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $0 on Aisle.
I've earned 6,620 points from food shopping on Fetch in December.
I've earned ? points from food shopping on Shop Kick in December. (I can't get into my account so I have no clue.)
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in November.

That is $140.85 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $242.65 of grocery spending so in reality it's $101.80 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 36.86% and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 36.86% spent. 

Leftovers going into this week....

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pot Roast, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Taters
2. Monday--Grilled Asparagus, Chicken Strips
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

No menu planning for me now, mostly things Hubs can do.  The meals may not happen on the days noted but they will happen this coming week.  I have earned the right not to, in my mind at this point.  I am giving up control of meals to Hubs.  I will put in requests now and then.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

I may post sporadically after this one or I might not, depending on drugs and stuff. 

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. How is Hubs dealing with the new kitchen responsibilities?

    Slughorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m still using up the $.29 per pound sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving. Black bean sweet potato soup and roasted sweet potatoes are on the menu this week. I’ll also make some kind of pasta to switch things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I comment about the disgusting people who throw out loads of trash. It is sickening. We are working on Honey Baked Ham, but turkey. There are so many vegetables that I may cook a pan of those in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leftovers for us today as we have abut three dinners worth in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.