Sunday, December 3, 2023

Just a Little Bit.....

Well we started the process of dragging all the Christmas tubs out of the closet in the guest room this past week.

After going through the tub with the boxes of Xmas cards in it here is what I found........


 This above are FOUR stacks of boxes of Christmas cards, TWENTY FOUR BOXES(not all of them full)of unused Xmas cards.

I blame Rite-Aid....well I can't blame them since we moved but before then, since I was always in that store after Christmas poking through all the discounted Xmas merchandise, and the boxes of cards always seemed to be in great supply once things got discounted to 90% off(and I'd conveniently forget that I already had many, many boxes of unused cards at home in my stash, I'd pick up a few more boxes for 10¢ on the dollar.  sigh
I am sure my kids won't be fighting over who gets what is left once I die.  More like they'll fight over who has to take them so they can pitch them in the garbage once I am gone. lol

Hi, I'm Sluggy and I am a Christmas Card Hoarder.  If there were support groups for such people, this is what I'd said at the meeting. 8-)

It's too bad sending physical Christmas cards are going out of style.  This younger generation(pick whichever one you want)isn't into writing in a physical card and mailing it when they can email, text or call.  More's the pity....


Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. Check with a local scout troop or youth group - they often bring cards to nursing homes so that everyone is remembered during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...the kids don't know what they're missing. Gosh, it was a rite of passage into adulthood after my husband and I were married :) I love Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sill send cards and love getting them, but I do believe it is a dying habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are holdouts and still send holiday cards. We get fewer and fewer back each year. Sigh. I am sad to see it go by the wayside. It has always been an important part of our holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot leave 90% anything alone. No, I am not that bad. I do have about 8 boxes. I even have some that are black wisemen from a yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't resist anything that is 90% off lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My great aunt always sent out cards with a family letter. I never got into the habit of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guilty of buying those marked down Christmas cards after Christmas is over too. In fact, I just pulled 5 sets of boxes out of storage, but hey they were cheap, My bother and I were discussing the dwindling of people who even send physical Christmas cards anymore, so I was sure to send him one and it's going out in the mail today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shouldn't say this, but here goes: Yes, sending Christmas cards is a dying tradition, and it makes me sad, but I'd rather receive no card than a family photo card or annual letter. I despise those things.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.