Monday, December 18, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Would You Wear This?" Edition.....  


I don't think I'd wear that Burger King Ugly Sweater if they paid ME $30(instead of charging that much for it!)

This is day 190 of the new "diet".  Down 56 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 64 lbs.).  

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Pot Roast, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Taters
2. Monday--Grilled Asparagus, Chicken Strips
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue


And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Pot Roast, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Taters
2. Monday--Grilled Asparagus, Chicken Strips
3. Tuesday--Yogurt, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4  Wednesday--Leftover Pot Roast Meal
5. Thursday--Yogurt Drink, Late Lunch at Chinese Restaurant
6.  Friday--Apple and Cranberry Chicken Salad, Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs
7. Saturday--a Cheesecake Factory Bread Roll, Cheese and Pretzel Crackers(feeling "carby" today)

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
* bag of Meatballs
* Hunk of Pot Roast

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 tubs of Ice Cream(2 pints and 1 what use to be a quart)
* a pack of Chicken Apple Sausages
*  1 lb.+ Ground Beef

Last week we spent $19.70 on grocery shopping for December.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $258.95 for December.   
There are 13 shopping days left in December.

I've earned $125.88 on Ibotta in December.
I've earned $21.00 on Shopmium in December.
I've earned $6.00 on Alexa app in December.
I've earned $9.15? on Kroger Cash Back in December.(They are way behind in crediting my account.)
I've earned $59.45 on TaDa in December.
I've earned $4.10 on Checkout51 in December.
I've earned $0 on Aisle.
I've earned 16,345 points from food shopping on Fetch in December.
I've earned 6,062 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in December.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in December.

That is $216.43 in rebates(not counting the Kroger Cash Back/Shop Kick/Fetch)on $258.95 of grocery spending so in reality it's $42.52 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 84.35% and the monthly savings total for December comes in at 46.99% spent. 
Last week's total spend was offset by $80 in Walmart gift cards I earned/bought through my Ibotta earnings(misjudged how many rebates one week to get to my big Bonus so had to use Ibotta earnings to purchase 4 gift cards-I wasn't about to miss that Bonus but it's all good....either I count that $80 that week or I send $80 more to my bank account at the end of the year).

Leftovers going into this week....pot roast dinner, asparagus, sweet potato fries.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburgers, baked Sweet Tater Fries
2. Monday--leftover Pot Roast made onto Stew with Biscuits
3. Tuesday--Whatever needs eating or ?
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

As we head into the Holiday it's use stuff up and clear out the fridge at the beginning of the week.
We did have some food waste this past week with some lunchmeats that got pushed to the back of the meat drawer and went bad. 8-(

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy  

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I guess ugly sweaters are a thing? I've seen uglier though....lol

      Delete
  2. It is not actually ugly enough to pay for that sweater. And, I will not advertise for Burger King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade noodles with chicken over mashed potatoes and asparagus, leftover pot pie, pork chops with fried potatoes and corn and green beans. Leftover leftover leftovers as I got sick and Hubby decided to "clean" out the frig. Cheese ball is still in there. LOL. Mother would have loved the sweater and pass it to me, I would have donated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it somebody gave me the sweater, I would wear it for them. It's the thought that counts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Split pea soup and pizza for dinner this week. I ordered some new yeast from Amazon that is the best I’ve ever used. The pizza dough was half whole wheat flour but was just as fluffy as all white flour.

    Sweet potatoes are on sale for $.25 per pound at Kroger so I need to do something with the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner is scrambled eggs with spinach and feta cheese, and air-fried sweet potato, lunch is chicken chili and salad. Breakfast is usually a protein smooth and toast, or yogurt and oatmeal. Lots of warm herbal tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would wear the sweater around the house and probably grocery shopping and walking if it were free and warm… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.