Monday, May 31, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "Let the Summer Begin!" Edition.......

Our huge Rhododendron finally bloomed 3 days ago.  It's been so dry here is why it's delayed this year.  When I see that has bloomed I know Summer is here.

Onward to the meal planning!
Moving On-
This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry w/Veggies
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Grilled Squash
5. Thursday--Mushroom Quiche, Salad
6.  Friday--Pizza?, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself
2. Monday--Fend For Yourself
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Chicken Parm, Grilled Squash
6.  Friday--Fend For Yourself
7. Saturday--Leftover Beef Pie

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 4 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.  I had digestive issues and knewe issues the beginning of the week so I either didn't eat or had canned soup and Hubs fended for himself.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 package of bacon

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 4 breaded chicken patties
*  And whatever Hubs took out, I didn't care/look lolz

We spent a whopping $108.30 on food/toiletries/HBA last week at 5 different stores(lots of small totals).This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $357.33 for May.   

There are 0 shopping days left in May.

I've earned $172.68 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $12.50 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in May.
I've earned 8,232 points from shopping on Fetch in May which equals $8.23
I've earned 15,950 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May which equals $63.80.
I've earned 1,141 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in May which equals $11.41.
I've earned $18.87 in Target gift cards.
That's $185.18+ in rebates(not counting the ShopKick/Swag Bucks/Fetch/Target gift cards)on $357.33 in grocery spending.

My savings percentage for last week was 54.52%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for May and the monthly savings total for May comes in at  85.83%.(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week...nothing.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Mushroom Quiche
2. Monday--Dogs and Burgers, Pasta Salad
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry w/Veggies
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--More Leftovers or FFY
6.  Friday--Pizza?, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Finally got the quiche made so once we are sick of eating it the rest goes into the freezer.
Still need salad fixings so there's that but otherwise it will be a no shopping week...maybe. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



2 comments:

  1. I don't remember I had any plan. But, we had ribs, slaw. Tommy had English peas and I had two deviled eggs. I forgot the corn on the cob, so we will have that tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last weeks plan was a total bust, but that is not uncommon for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.