Tuesday, May 11, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "What Day is it Again?" Edition.......


Saw this in our travels last week and it spoke to me. lolz  If it was only THAT easy, right?   I am still somewhat discombobulated. 

Onward to the meal planning!
Moving On-
This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--No Clue
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Oriental Salad w/Chicken for Lunch, Pickety Bits for Dinner
2. Monday--Italian Wedding Soup, Popovers
3. Tuesday--Taco Tuesday
4. Wednesday--Shrimp in Wine Sauce w/Mishrooms and Pasta, Tossed Salad
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6.  Friday--Don't remember
7. Saturday--Don't remember

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked(mostly by someone other than me!)dinners, 0 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out. I know Hubs threw something together on Fri. and Sat. but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.  I was just glad I didn't have to cook w/my hurty knee. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing  I doubt Hubs even went to the grocery store.

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* I think Hubs used a couple of boxes of frozen veggies and maybe some burritos?

We spent $31.67 on food/toiletries/HBA last week at Weis and the Produce Market.  I also stopped at Food Lion on the way home on Thursday but I can't find that receipt right now(desk=disaster!)plus there was a WTF? trip to Target where I spent $6.03 on the c/c(used all my Target gift cards and the cashier forgot to take coupons off and then charged me for a "phantom" package of steak(more on that later)so I'll add all those expenditures to next week's total. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $31.67 for May so far.   

There are 20 shopping days left in May.

I've earned $50.97 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $0.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in May.
I've earned 0 points from shopping on Fetch in May.
I've earned 350 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May which equals $1.40.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in May which equals $0.
I've earned $18.87 in Target gift cards.

My savings percentage for last week was 44.81%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for April and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 44.81%.(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week--nothing.  Hubs ate everything while I was gone.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fried Chicken, Tater Salad, Sugar Snap Peas
2. Monday--Manicotti, leftover SSP
3. Tuesday--Leftover Fried Chicken, Tater Salad, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Steak, Baked Potato, Veggie TBD
6.  Friday--Salmon, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Mushrooms, maybe a fresh veggie or two depending on what vegetable matter is left in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



5 comments:

  1. I've always been curious. When folks are retired, does the weekend still have the same importance? I mean, would think it's 5 days of Fridays. Meals here have been decided after 4:00. College kid is helping to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply is from the Dowager Countess of Grantham, "What is a week end?". lolz
      Retired folks don't shop or go out on weekends, we can get shopping and dining out, etc. done during the week when working folks are slaving away at jobs. Weekends are for staying home and relaxing. Utilize your crockpot letting it do the work for you will you work your job so there is no 4 pm panic of "what's for dinner?!?". It will take organization and planning though if you have any juice left after a week of work. ;-)

      Delete
  2. no clue is on the menu nightly LOL

    ReplyDelete

  3. some weeks that's our plan when "I can't even" as the young folks say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, esp the part where other folks cook.
    Hope your knee feels better.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.