Saturday, May 29, 2021

Frugal Friday....the May 28th Edition on Saturday

Here are the few frugal wins from this past week.......

*  We picked a contractor to renovate our main bathroom and he started this past week, 3 weeks earlier than expected.  I forgot to take before photos but here are some in process ones......

This has always been a dreary looking bathroom as it's on the North side of the house.

Tan everything with an oak vanity. bleh.


That's the bottom of part of the tub.


And one of the bathtub surround walls(on it's side)sitting in the hallway after removal.

Here's where the mirror/cabinet will go.  He had to enlarge the hole in the wall for it....


Here's the new vanity/sink sans faucet in the room but not installed yet....


The new tub in place.  We are still waiting on the tub surround to come in as the tub and walls have to be finished before he can do the floor.


Everything leaving is out and everything going in is here except the tub surround. The new floor will really help this all come together.  And he should be finished by next Friday, I can't wait!

The reason I am calling this reno frugal is because his bid was was less than the others.  He's a one man operation and doesn't have to pay a big crew and his quote included the cost of all the "appliances" while the other quotes were at least $2K MORE plus we had to pay for the sink/toilet/tub/mirror/lights/etc. too!  The only thing we'll need to do after it's finished is paint the walls in there.  If this goes well and we are pleased with the work we'll have him redo the powder room downstairs too.  At this point we aren't in a big hurry to get it done so a one man operation works for us plus Hubs can lend a hand if needed.

*  We finally had to ditch our deck swing.  It lasted a long time but rust and weather finally made it unusable.  We found a new one to replace it at Wayfair.


It came earlier in the week and we got it put together.  Nice and cheery color!

* I ordered from Rite-Aid online on Sunday.  They were offering $15 Bonus Cash when you spent $50 plus there were a $10 off code on an online order this week.


This came to $48.76 in Bonus Cash after discount code and digital coupons used and I earned $45 back in new BC.  Of course I made a few trips to local Rite-Aids to roll more BC this week and utilize that Spend $40/Get $10 off Coupon.


* Hubs and I went out for lunch at Applebee's this week.  Used a gift card to pay and I've still got a little left on it for half of a free lunch. lol

* I found money!

Two whole cents for the week.........

A penny at my Rite-Aid.

And another penny at the Clueless Rite-Aid. lol

And that's about it for this past week.  Except for working on getting ready for a Stockpile Sale, hopefully next weekend if the weather cooperates. ;-)


What frugal wins did y'all have lately?!


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. WOW I think it is going to look so nice, I can't wait to see it. I love the color of the swing, wish I was there to sit out on the deck with you and Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a terrific week, Sluggy. How neat that you are getting a bathroom remodel. I hope he works out well and can do your other bathroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting a bathroom remodel is great. Hopefully, all happens to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what color are you painting it? I hate the color in my bathroom. The wheelchair bathroom is great, it's periwinkle.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.