Thursday, May 13, 2021

Income & Spending 2021....the April Report

Now that we are living on an annuity and 401K$ withdrawals(some months), I am still going to keep track of our monthly spending and income, and hopefully we'll still be able to live BELOW our means and I'll have some leftover monies each month to tuck aside.


  I am trying to be as transparent as I can with how much is coming in and how much is going out.  8-)


On to the April report---

I had 2 goals for April.......
The 1st is to actually finish the month in the black and not the red.
The 2nd is to try to have a little cash leftover at the end of the previous month to tuck back into a slush fund.  This slush fun may be to apply toward unforeseen bills that are coming due in subsequent months, to spend on "extras/wants" during the year or to just sit there and grow until the end of 2021.

I can report that we finished up April in the black.
The amount we ended the month of April with?.....$317.87

Income or Funds We Can Access

The "income" in April---

* Monthly annuity payment of $3,222.24(after tax withholding)
* RMSA(Healthcare account)reimbursement of $1,971.99
* Interest earned on non-retirement accounts of $243.27
* Transfer from Hubs private account to cover part of state taxes $252.00
Total "Income" for April.....$5,689.50

Expenses in April---

* Healthcare Premium for April was $1,971.99(paid for with RMSA reimbursement)
* Irregular bills in April were $577.00
* Variable Expenses in April came to $2,822.64
Total Expenses....$5,371.63

$5,689.50-$5,371.63=$317.87

Slush into April of $46,565.10 in that Fund, add the $317.87 in overage and we get $46,882.97 going into May.
The Slush Fund on it's Page(tab at the top of the blog)shows an addition of $317.87 for April.

Outgo
As for the variable expenses this April, here are the good and the bad side of things....

HERE are the GOOD THINGS

*  Internet and cell phone were the same as in March.
*  The WAM was the same amount taken as last month.
*  The electric bill was $89.95 lower than in March.


HERE are the BAD THINGS

*  The gas bill was $98.03 higher than in March.
*  The water bill was $3.74 higher than last month.
*  My Amazon c/c was $286.81 higher than in March.
*  The Mastercard was higher by $636.72 than last month's bill. 
*  We had to pay $577.00 to the state of PA for taxes in March. bleh.

The Food Budget costs for April are in another post, which is located HERE .  Food costs are included in the credit card payment(mainly but sometimes our WAM cash too).

FINAL THOUGHTS on April---
Well we ended up with one irregular bill in April, Hubs filed the PA state taxes early.
Otherwise it was an ok month.  Any month I end up with more money than month is good. 8-)
I did spend a bit over on food than I wanted/planned to in April but it's all good.  I earned back $360.55 on Ibotta on the $426.43 I spent in April on food. (And that doesn't count the other 4 rebate apps I use so I almost got back all the food budget money I spent which gets addd back at the end of the year. 8-)))

THOUGHTS going forward into May 2021----
One irregular bill(semi-annual car insurance premium of $600+)in May and some bills on landscaping/gardening work will be coming in on the c/c and that's on top of the regular variable bills for the month.  And my vacation c/c bills...I don't even want to go LOOK at what those will be! lolz


So how was your April financially?
  
Did you spend less than the income you had in April?
Did you stay within your budget or not?
What did you do with any money leftover at the end of the month?
Did you pay off any debts or put extra toward your mortgage principle or into savings, in an emergency fund or a retirement account?
Or did you blow it on a want?

If you posted your financial progress on your own blog, leave a link in the comments so we can go check out your progress too and celebrate or commiserate with you!


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. So will I see that you blew the budget because of the trip? I bet sissie did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the black in a travel month-well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.