Monday, May 24, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "Will I Ever Learn?....Maybe Not!" Edition.......



I LOLed at this when I saw it on Facebook.  I guess I'd still be a dumbass if it's true. ;-)


Onward to the meal planning!
Moving On-
This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Chinese take-out
2. Monday--Fend For Yourself or Leftover Chinese
3. Tuesday--Take-out(working the polls all day/night)
4. Wednesday--Cheeseburgers, Squash
5. Thursday--Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken
6.  Friday--Salmon, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Chinese take-out
2. Monday--Fend For Yourself or Leftover Chinese
3. Tuesday--Take-out Salad(working the polls all day/night)
4. Wednesday--Salmon, leftover Green Beans, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--BBQ Chicken Thighs, Creamed Spinach, Baked Tater(Hubs)
6.  Friday--No Dinner for me/Hubs leftovers
7. Saturday--Cheeseburgers

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/planned overs or FFY and 2 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.  More Take-Out than I like to have but "election working happened" so it was not eat all day or get Take-Out.
Didn't cook the squash so that moves to this week.  No Romaine lettuce so that meal didn't happen either but I bought salmon and chicken thighs so that happened instead.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 packs of sausage strips
*  2 packs of chicken thighs
*  1 bag of veggie mix
*  1 box of popsicles
*  1 piece of salmon

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  I piece of salmon
* 1 pack of chicken thighs
* 1 box of creamed spinach
* 4 burger patties

We spent a whopping $116.86 on food/toiletries/HBA last week at Weis($47.61)and Walmart($69.25).  I forgot to use a free gift card to pay some of the Walmart bill. sigh This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $269.54 for May so far.   

There are 6 shopping days left in May.

I've earned $114.43 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $1.50 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in May.
I've earned 8,063 points from shopping on Fetch in May which equals $8.06
I've earned 15,950 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May which equals $63.80.
I've earned 1,241 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in May which equals $12.41.
I've earned $18.87 in Target gift cards.
That's $115.93+ in rebates(not counting the ShopKick/Swag Bucks/Fetch/Target gift cards)on $269.54 in grocery spending so far.

My savings percentage for last week was 37.10%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for April and the monthly savings total for April comes in at  54.50%.(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week...1 cheeseburger, 2 chicken thighs.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry w/Veggies
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Grilled Squash
5. Thursday--Mushroom Quiche, Salad
6.  Friday--Pizza?, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I had a leftover pack of mushroom I didn't need for the Stroganoff so I'll make 2 quiches this week and freeze one.  The only thing I "need" is salad greens.  That doesn't mean I won't buy anything else however. lol  I am working on a $10 Ibotta bonus after all and I have 18 offers to finish before the end of May.  I do as many offers as I can at Rite-Aid(which will be Zero dollars and the rest I'll pick and choose what is needed and/or cheap after rebate at Weiss(PMITA)Markets and/or Walmart. 8-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy



7 comments:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.