Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Not Much of A Post Today

 You may have noticed that I didn't post anything yesterday.  Good reason for that as it was election day and Hubs and I worked the polls here in Pennsyltucky.

Of course there was a clusterf*ck or two and even the local news started perpetuating a rumor about the ballot machines being rigged(take it from this not a Democract/not a Republican person who saw the machines that they were NOT).  

Last election voters who's credentials weren't in order had to use a paper/provisional ballot(and there were conspiracies floating around that these votes wouldn't be counted at all).  This election we had voters(mostly Republican voters)who refused to use the electronic machines because some IT person had programmed them so that the first screen called it a Democratic ballot so they assumed the slate of Democratic candidates would come up and not the Republican ones thus making them vote for the party they weren't registered under nor the candidates they wanted elected. *In PA we don't have open elections in primaries-you can only vote for the folks running under the party you are registered for.  These voters refused to use the "rigged" machines and insisted on paper/provisional ballots.

Someone or some ones called the local news so it was all over Facebook and the local media outlets by 11am. that the machines were rigged and a court case was started before the election ended that evening.  What a mess!

 It's too long of a story to get into here and I am still so tired of politics and voters right now.

Anyway we had a good crew of workers as usual and tried to have fun through all the hassles and a very, VERY long day.

At one point we found this new form to have voters fill out..........


I told my workmate that if a deceased voter walked through that door I'd be leaving immediately!  I don't think there was a Zombie Party candidate so we were safe...........lol

I am under orders from Sissie to stay off my knee and ice it today.
Have a good Wednesday and I'll be back on Thursday. 8-)


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Well if there is a Zombie party I want to be there. You had better mind Sissie she is very, very bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I am so sorry.
    So Many Stupid People.
    Thanks for working the polls. I sure couldn't deal with those idiots.
    Hope your knee feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I would not have the patience for all that nonsense at the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a country of deniers and conspiracy searchers, and added to plain American selfishness, this BS happens. thanks for serving in this capacity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for helping out, and agree with you. SO MUCH nonsense all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picture it. A township with around 3000ish registered voters. They send 10% of the preprinted ballots required to cover all of those people. Of course they run out of R ballots. As a registered R I stand in line and quietly wait my turn to use the 1 machine we are given, usually we fill out a ballot. Any Who, everyone seemed ok, but all kinds of conspiracy theories were being discussed.

    Also a Pennsylvanian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is too bad this nonsense continues.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.