Thursday, May 20, 2021

The 3 Amigos Hit the Road-Part One

 Not very far South really.  Just down to Maryland with a short jaunt to the Eastern Shore or DELMARVA Peninsula-Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.

I drove to Sissie's house Thursday afternoon and after chatting awhile we headed out to the airport to pick-up Kim.  Of course being D.C. there was no parking near the arrivals area so we ended up calling Kim's cell to find out she couldn't find which door to come out. lol We finally got her and no airport police tickets and headed back to Sissie's with a stop at Mickey D's for a "you know what" for Kim. ;-)

We had a grand dinner ala Sissie that evening and stayed up way too late after Sissie went to bed talking with her Hubs.  He is so funny and tells the best stories!

Then we were off at the crack of 11am I think on Friday headed to the Eastern Shore.  Just over the bridge was an outlet mall with a Talbot's so of course Sissie and Kim had to stop!  All their sweaters were $15 there and they had quite a nice selection of women's plus size ones so I picked this one up.....


I don't like/wear sweaters much except for cardigans in the Winter which I wear in the house if it's cold and I liked the colors of this one.  I also bought a necklace........

Not a very good picture but it was a two length chain with seashells on it.  Having grown up by the ocean I had to have it on clearance and it will remind me of this trip every time I wear it.
I was done in 5 minutes so I have lots of photos of me like this waiting in a chair for them to finish. lolz



Then we hit the Adiddas store at that mall and I actually found a pair of wide width sneakers in my size!
And look at that color......

LAVENDER!!!  They were meant for me. 8-)))

The change finding race began before we left Sissie's house when she put a box of chocolate and a quarter on my bed making Kim livid. lol  After the outlet mall we stopped at Aldi's for provisions and I found that cart quarter and Kim was seeing red as I was up .50¢ already.

After Aldi's we stopped at what use to be one of Sissie's favorite restaurants but sadly Covid had put them out of business but a new bar/restaurant was there now so we had dinner at the Oaked 110 Whiskey and Wine Bar.  Friday night was 2 for 1 Margaritas so I threw caution to the wind and ordered 2 margaritas with my crab cake dinner.  By the time I was halfway through the second drink I couldn't feel my legs. lol  Boy, were those drinks strong and I'm a lightweight!


Photo stolen from Kim.  I don't know...Kim looks happier than me here...maybe she snuck a sip of my margarita when  wasn't looking. lol  There was live entertainment, a guy with a guitar and a guy playing the harmonica..........


The food was great but it was a tad noisy.  The waitresses had fun shirts on.  Here is our waitresses shirt....


Another one said, "Whiskey Wednesday, Taco Tuesday but better". lolz


I can't even remember if I finished that second margarita but Kim did suck down a few Diet PEPSI!  Oh the horror as they didn't serve Coke. lol  So we got to the beach house before dark and loaded our stuff in, chatted a while and fell into bed.  There were gale force winds that night along the shore which was exciting, not!  Those winds messed with the plumbing pipes/stack vent pipe and we had a couple of "issues" and I ended up breaking a plunger.  Go me!

So we headed out to see Chincoteague Island on Saturday. 

I bought this pony Xmas ornament when we caught up with Sissie at the wine and cheese shop.  They had a little gift shop tucked in the side too.  Most shops didn't allow you to snap photos inside their shops so no fun pictures of tchotchkes we saw.

We got a nice shot of the 3 Amigos in front of the Pony Statue with the help of a friendly stranger.....


When Sissie went off on her own Kim and I headed to the inlet side where there's a small park with oversized Adirondack chairs for photo opps.

That's Kim in the "E" chair before a large group drove her off so they could monopolize the chairs for 20 minutes because they had a baby in the group so everyone had to take a turn holding said baby with them all in the chairs.  This group was loud and aggressive.....

After we were "allowed" back to the chairs Kim posed thusly.....

 

Then we got a photo with both of us thanks to another friendly stranger....


I had trouble getting on the platform, forget about climbing in that chair without a foot stool.lolz


And I had to post the first photo that lady took because Kim's hair was in her face. teehee


Saw this funny bottle of rum too.

Found a hardware store on Chincoteague so I could buy a plunger for the beach house to replace the one I broke the other night.  Then it was on to a diner for lunch, Maria's Diner, then a couple more gift shops before heading off the island......


That's Chincoteague Bay above.
We drove by the  NASA Wallops Island facility but the Visitor's Center was closed........


And back to the beach house which is located in a resort community across the Chincoteague Bay from the Island.   

We just ate whatever for dinner and I noticed the "Kim Droppings" seemed to be accumulating.........



I sat out on the screened in porch that afternoon and it was lovely.  Many of the houses were on canals cut into the creek for water acccess onto the bay. 


I did have a surprise when I sat down out there though.......


A nail!  It was already bent and I didn't do that when I sat on it. lol  I bet Kim put it there to get back at me for still being ahead in finding change this trip.

The next morning we went into "town" nearby looking for a grocery store and ended up riding through this teeny tiny town 4 times and thoroughly saw everything there was to see(mostly just some houses, a pier and a seafood shack plus a fire hall).  Stopped at the fire hall as folks were setting up for someone's retirement party to ask about the closest store and were told it was at "T's Corner".  Sissie could have sworn there was a store in this microscopic town.  Nope.

I recognized the words T's Corner as a place somewhere along Route 13 on my many trips down the Eastern Shore to Virginia Beach but had no clue how far it was from where we were.  The town is Oak Hall VA by the way as we soon found out after a 20 minute ride there.

The next thing I know Sissie decides we should hit another outlet mall so we drove North to outside Rehobeth Delaware as they have THREE Tanger Outlets there.  More shopping. yay.

It wasn't a bad drive as we took the back roads and stayed off Rte.13 and coastal Rte.1 in Delaware until we hit Bethany Beach DE.  Being Sunday most of the weekend traffic was heading opposite from us so that was great.

Part Two coming on Saturday......


Sluggy





5 comments:

  1. Yes my hair is always in my face, but we did have such fun. Now I miss you again really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful!!! What a fun trip and what great companions! So glad you had a good time.
    Did you see any wild ponies? I was so sad that I didn't see any. Wallops was fun though. Have you been to Tangier island? I thought it was a neat place to visit, but don't think I would want to live there.
    Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The climb to get on the chair must be awful. I don't think I could have done that climb in the last 30 years. Hair in my face is my normal lately. But, if the wind is blowing, it is straight and stringy as the curls or softness leaves. I like the sweater and necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you girls had a blast! I love all the pics. Lol... I feel the same after 2 drinks. I know I'm buzzed when I can't feel my feet..lol

    I love the Rehoboth outlets. We love to vacation in that area.

    Yuck on the Pepsi. I'm a Diet Coke girl, so I feel Kim's pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a fun trip! & nice to see the pic of the three of you together.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.