Monday, November 9, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

    The "Trick or Treat *hic*" Edition.....

While at the big liquor store down in Delaware last month I snapped a picture of these bags of nip bottles of Fireball, marketed for "Adult Trick or Treating". 
Can you imagine if someone bought this and mistakenly handed it out to kids?
Yikes!

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger on Bun w/Lett./Tom
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings using leftover chicken
3. Tuesday--? no clue, working the polls
4. Wednesday--Taco salad or Tacos
5. Thursday--something easy or whatever Hubs makes
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Chili w/leftover taco filling? for Hubs(I'll FFY)

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Cheeseburger on Bun w/Lett./Tom
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings using leftover chicken
3. Tuesday--veggies, hummus, dip, cheese, crackers
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Meat/Mushroom Sauce, Salad
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6. Friday--Tacos for Hubs/Strawberries for me
7. Saturday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, Strawberries

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners(if you consider appetizers on Tues. home cooking lol), 1 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.  I picked up a Whopper on Friday for lunch so just had more strawberries for dinner as I wasn't too hungry and I didn't need more meat that day.
We had gone through the small freezer on top of the fridge last week and found a bag of meat sauce(heavy on the meat)so to use that up we sauted mushrooms to put in the sauce and added more marinara to balance the sauce out and Hubs made pasta for it on Wednesday.  There was a TON left but this gave him a leftover to eat on for lunches all the rest of the week(and something he loves).
On Friday at Weis(PMITA)Markets I found a 2 pack of marked down pork tenderloins already panko-ed up so we had that for dinner on Saturday.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* a smoked Pork Roast(1/2 off at Weis)
* a smoked Turkey Breast(the Walmart/Ibotta deal)

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* a large pack of Ground Beef
* a bag of Meat Sauce

We spent $121.14 last week(3 quick Weis trips, Aldi, Walmart and CVS-the free make-up), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $121.14 for November so far.

There are 21 shopping days left in November.  

I've earned $38.60 on Ibotta in November. 
I've earned $0.00 on SavingStar in November.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $1.50 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Fetch in November.(It's a bit more as I am behind on submitting some R-A receipts.)
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on ShopKick in November.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in November.

My savings percentage for last week was 43.09%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for November and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 43.09%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Chicken and Dumplings, some roasted veggies still and lots of taco meat.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--leftover Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
2. Monday--Reuben Sandwiches
3. Tuesday--Lasagna Casserole, Salad
4. Wednesday--Taco Salad
5. Thursday--Whatever Hubs cooks
6. Friday--Chicken and Peppers Enchiladas, Rice, Beans(Ex-CB coming for dinner maybe)
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What needs buying for this menu? 
I have everything here to make this menu(except for whatever Hubs cooks on Thursday?).  I really don't see myself going grocery shopping this week.  I can use the break. '-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Well, Sunday through Saturday, we had all home cooked/prepared meals, but used a lot of convenience help like already made ravioli and tortellini. I've got brats and tortellini soup to move into this week, or to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went totally off the planning rails. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant calzone and Indian food food so far and we’ve almost eaten half of each. My plan from the olden days no longer works since we keep running out of leftovers on Wednesday or Thursday. I have a BOGO for Papa Murphy’s so I may pick up two pizzas this week. I’ll start cooking three things per week since it looks like free work food is a thing of the past.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.