Monday, November 16, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "A Very Disappointing Purchase" Edition.....


Back in September Lloyd's brand had a Try Me Free Offer on their Pulled Chicken containers.  I had a $1 off store Q so I figured I'd buy one.
Well I got home and went online to apply for the TMF rebate and the offer was  already pulled as all the Offers had been applied for.
Reading the small print, get this!, there were only three thousand offers to begin with, for the entire US!!
Now I've been in stores that sell this Lloyd's item recently(this is November)and they ALL still have that TRY ME FREE Offer sticker on them.  I'd call this deceptive business practices, wouldn't you?
So I was just going to take my lumps and go on with my life but we had this item on sandwich buns this past week.
My second bite into my sandwich and I bit down on something hard and pulled this out of my mouth..........


The smaller hunk of chicken bone was pulled out of my next bite of sandwich.
At this point you KNOW I'll be sending this company negative feedback on both their scam of making it appear you could try this free AND the bad quality of the product.
I can't in good consciousness recommend this product in any way to anyone I know!

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--leftover Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
2. Monday--Reuben Sandwiches
3. Tuesday--Lasagna Casserole, Salad
4. Wednesday--Taco Salad
5. Thursday--Whatever Hubs cooks
6. Friday--Chicken and Peppers Enchiladas, Rice, Beans(Ex-CB coming for dinner maybe)
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--leftover Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
2. Monday--Reuben Sandwiches
3. Tuesday--Lasagna Casserole, Salad
4. Wednesday--Tacos(I had Jello)
5. Thursday--Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
6. Friday--Chicken and Peppers Enchiladas, Rice(Ex-CB came for dinner and I just had rice and veggies)
7. Saturday--FFY(I had a big Salad)

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.  
Mostly meals happened as planned(maybe on a different day than planned)

What got put into the freezer last week....
* a bag of green beans

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 2 packages of chicken breast
* Lloyd's pulled chicken(bleh)

We spent $40.77 last week(a few things at Ollie's, Weis, Walmart and CVS), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $161.91 for November so far.

There are 14 shopping days left in November.  

I've earned $56.74 on Ibotta in November. 
I've earned $0.00 on SavingStar in November.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $2.50 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Fetch in November.(It's a bit more as I am behind on submitting some R-A receipts.)
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on ShopKick in November.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in November.

My savings percentage for last week was 78.85%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for November and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 60.09%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Reuben fixings, lots of taco meat and chicken enchiladas.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Reuben Sandwiches(finishing up the meat/cheese)
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Liver and Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veg
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--Whatever Hubs cooks or Take-Out
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

What needs buying for this menu? 
Just not feeling the whole menu/cooking thing today.  We may just Fend For Ourselves most of the week and Hubs has lots of enchiladas to go through. ;-)
Might work on the $10 Ibotta Bonus this week or not.
Just feeling blah about everything right now.  You'll see next Monday what we ended up cooking(or not).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling blah. Do hope you feel better.
    Thanks for the review on the lloyd's chicken bbq. I bought the pork years ago and it was ok although not great, so haven't bought it since. Probably the best deal this week was kroger .99/lb pork loin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it was a horrible experience, I think I would still call cs and tell them. I had plans in my mind that never materialized for one reason or another. But, we do eat every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to post yesterday but my phone is being weird. 2nd comment keeps disappearing.

    Not much of a plan this week. Copied you and made chik’n and dumplings but we finished it for lunch today. Sandwiches and two more of those BOGO pizzas will probably be it for the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.