Tuesday, November 17, 2020

CVS Again...Worst Trip So Far

 So I had 2 $3 ECBS expiring this week so up to CVS I headed on Monday.

Here is what I got..........

2 x Ivory packs of soap BOGO50%=$10.93
2 x Olay packs of soap BOGO50%=$11.38
3 x Colgate toothpaste=$13.77
SubTotal........$36.08

Coupons Used
$2/2 Olay Digital ManQ
$5/3 Colgate Digital ManQ
$3 off $10 Body Wash CRT
$2 off $6 Oral Care CRT
$2 off $8 Body Wash CRT
Coupons.....$14.00

Then the cashier used ECBs....
1 x $6 ECB
3 x $3 ECBS
1 x $2 ECB
ECB Used.....$17.00

$36.08-$14.00-$17.00=$5.08+.21¢ sale tax=$5.29 OOP


The problem here is that I had 6 different Oral Care CRTs totaling $13 to apply but only 1($2 off $6)came off.  Shouldn't have at least an amount up to the original total for the toothpaste($16.47)have come off  instead of just $2 off of $6?  Using this logic I still had $10.47 in purchase price(not counting the ManuQ of $5/3)so at least 1 or 2 of the rest of the any Oral Care CRTs should have also come off??  Or even if you take off $5 for the ManuQ I still had $5.47 in purchases to apply at least 1 CRT too and get another buck or two off??


And I had 3 more Body Wash/Bar Soap any CRTs totaling $4 to apply to the soap too while only the $3 off $10 came off.  I spent $22.31 on soap(if you take the $2/2 Olay ManQ used that makes $20.31 left spent on soap)and only 2 CRTs came off??
I am so confused.  And yes, all these CRTs were clipped to my card.

So $15 in CRTs didn't come off.  I figured all of them wouldn't come off but at least a few should have, leaving me with less in ECBs to spend and/or less than $1 OOP for my total.


Plus I had a $5 ECB left on my card(after she applied the other $17 in ECBs)from buying the Maybelline last week that the cashier should have applied to my total as well!  This would have given me an OOP total of .08¢+the .21¢ tax, so .29¢ OOP in cash.

But all is not lost.
I did use the 2 ECBs before they expired.
I got back $3 on Ibotta for the toothpaste.
I earned back $15 in new ECBs($10 wyb4 soaps deal, $5 wyb 3 Colgate pastes deal).
So I earned $18 in new rebates/ECBs.

CVS you are on my shit list this week.

But I did get stuff I need(well not the toothpaste).  Our local American Legion is asking for donations for the troops and some of that bar soap is heading to their effort along with lots of toiletries I already have in my stash. ;-)

Sluggy



1 comment:

  1. I can't really give you an answer, since I don't know which CRTs you have. However, if you stack $ off $$ CRTs, your product total should be equal to or higher than the total amount of CRTs eg. You have a 5/10 Toothpaste another $6/20 toothpaste CRTs. Your toothpaste total should be $30 in order for both to apply. The x/XX qs work the same way. I hope this makes sense and might somehow shed some light as to why your CRTs didn't all apply.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.